Friday, April 22, 2011

Apron Strings..

I'm feeling finer than frog hair split three ways today... even though today has been rushed...  But Vegas and My Cowboy have been right there with me all day! Tomorrow we have a competition on the other side of the state... And it's Easter weekend.. So far, I called the repair man to fix my washer. It ain't really broke, it just doesn't go from wash - spin - rinse without my help.  But, it's under warranty so I called up about it.. After visiting Lowe's to buy some paint rollers...  I go over to the appliance section and stood there.. for almost 3 minutes until the lady decided to stop talking trash about some lady cheating on her husband... and realize that I was patiently waiting for her to shut up and help me... So I begin to tell her about my washer.. and she tried to look it up by phone number, name, old phone number and alas.... nothing...........So she gets the manager involved...who actually was helpful.. but still couldn't find anything. So I called corporate and they found my receipt.... imagine that..
I decided I want Messsican food for supper.. so I went by the market and got a red and green bell pepper.. and 5 lbs of vidalia onions! Fajitas tonight!!
Fajitas with some new Salsa I found at Bi-Lo... I bought it because My Cowboy's name is Clint and He's from Texas...



Once we got home I needed to start on a whole bunch of stuff... Most importantly Easter Desert...  I put on my apron.. and vegas was tugging on my apron strings when I was trying to tie it in the back.. He's so cute that puppy.. I love him so much! Anyways.... I got to making pie crust and cutting up strawberries.. I made mini tarts and then a big strawberry tart... I'm thinking the mini tarts ain't gonna make it until Easter supper... I tried one.. and they are like 12 step tarts.... You know you need a 12 step program to stop eating them! I make some cookies like that.... that is for sure... mmm mmmm mmmm...


Aren't they cute??

I need to pack the horse trailer and some clothes.. and church clothes because I'm about to embark on my first baptist church experience... (I'll let you know how that goes)..  and Get Maggie Mae out from the back pasture.

Speaking of the pasture reminds me... yesterday we drove to darlington to buy a big backhoe...  Well My cowboy talk to the fella about it.. and Got a bank check and we headed off with the dually and flat bed trailer...  we get there.. mess around with the big ford tractor... and decide we want it..
so we get to talking prices and this and I got to picking about it's color (yellow) and the plug in the tire and a few of the hoses are cracked...  basically I was trying to be that annoying woman that men just want to say "OK!! FINE SHUT UP..." well it worked because we got a darn good deal :)
But here's the kicker... The guy takes the bank check and takes it inside to his wife.. to make sure the price was ok... he comes back.. well my wife wants to know where this bank is.. I'm looking at the guy like seriously... Jimminy Crickets he's a yes man...  I hate men like that.. it's like they lost something... like their pride...  well anyways... he googles the bank to make sure it's real.. and calls the branch and verifies that my cowboy was in there getting a bank check....
for the love of God man! then he went in this big long explanation why he did it..  and how people lie.. and this and that.. and my cowboy said.. "yeah people lie a lot.. like my ex-wife said she wouldn't cheat but she did.."  That fella didn't know wether to laugh or say he was sorry... he really looked like his puppy got kicked...  I lost it... I was laughing so hard.  Man-oh-man... that's funny stuff right there...
Well I'm gonna start on my Fajitas and get my cowboy off the backhoe... since I still can see it at work behind the house on the hill....
and I still gotta feed the pig,  Hook up the horse trailer and clean it... pack clothes.... and pack the trailer.... Oh! and my girls, I gotta Collect eggs... My girls will be pissed if I leave them in there since I won't be able to see them tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment