Saturday, April 23, 2011

well I'll be dern.... Maggie Who??!!?

We woke up early this morning to head to our competition.. I was dragging my feet because I didn't Really want to go. But we had to....  we went out to get the horses... My cowboy points off in the distance and says.. "look there's Maggie"... I'm thinking great.. I'm walking towards her.. and what do you know... my foot is getting wet... my tony lama's have a rip in the seam...... grrrrrrrrr wet dewey foot.  Well I get closer to Miss Maggie Mae...  she walks over to me... I took the halter off of my shoulder.. that wench stood up on her back feet, spun around and took off running.. I'm standing there with the halter in my hands screaming "MAAAAAAGGGGGGIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE" ooooooh I was Madder than a bobcat caught in a piss fire...  she didn't stop running....  And from behind me, who comes walking up? none other than Lebo the roany pony aka Mr. Run two stages and blow up. He put his head literally in the halter... I yelled.. "FINE MAGGIE I'M TAKING LEBO" real loud and took off with him.  I get back to my cowboy and he's like "you sure you know what your doing?" I said "yeah..."  so he asks if I'll exhibition Titan. Titan is our 4 year old.. not to swift yet.. but, he's 4 this year so we can start pushing him.  I said Sure why not..  And so we loaded up the two and headed off to the Double J Arena.
We get there, I put saddles on Titan and Lebo. I left Lebo tied to the trailer and warmed up Titan.. everyone was asking who he was.. he has an ass on him.. he's a darn good looking horse.. So I explained he was our baby and we were gonna start exhibitioning him..  So then I put him back and got on Lebo.. and was walking him around.. then started trotting.. he didn't get chargy, so I'm thinking hmmm.. so I loped him around and he was still keeping his head..  I'm thinking... yeah here we go get comfortable and he's gonna blow his gaskets.
We have our safety meeting, prayer and I load up my guns.. and figured out a semi game plan.. and said yeww-haw lets go.....
I walk Lebo in the arena.. he's just as calm as he can be.. I'm still thinking.... any minute he's gonna snap...
we went out there and smoked the pattern.. clean no penalties no nothing... he didn't try to run away... no body slamming barrels..
That leads me to a side story. Here is a picture when Lebo looses his horsey mind.. he will literally start jumping down the rundown and just fighting with you something god awful.
and this is his M O. This is what he's about.. real good the first stage... the second, he's starting to fight.... Third, Complete blow out.. Fourth, either a rodeo show or he body slams barrels.
Lebo is my cowboys horse.. and this is always what happens.. Like last year in South Dakota.. He's sitting real pretty in the standings.. in the big money.. last stage.. goes out there... Lebo lost his darn horsey mind, missed his turn and they went on a trail ride... from hero to zero in 1 second...
it was bad...
It's ok.. I was winning... and I choked. Maggie did her job in South Dakota.. the last stage... if I would have just rode and shot my targets...........But, I couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle.
Anyways, Back to Today.  Second stage.. go out there.. again, No problems... Third stage comes.. I'm standing there next to Lebo saying..  Look Roany, just keep it together.  We go out there.. Man he was a dream.. Fourth stage I'm sitting overall reserve.  I still couldn't believe what was going on...  We engaged the course all calm and cool.. No charging, no eating barrels... we crossed that timer I was just screaming like a mashed cat I was so happy. I gave that horse sooooo many cookies and was hugging him and loving on him.... then I had to exhibition Titan...
Titan did good. until the last stage... I got to pushing on him a little hard and he took to bucking. We bucking about halfway down the rundown... I put my gun up and started yanking on him.. He bucked me out of one of my stirrups.. but by god I stayed on! when he was done bucking across the timer I screamed you S.O.B... whoopsie...  but we walked out of the arena... everyone was like... hot dang.  I said.. I know.. but, he ain't been ridden in over a year.  He did great, especially for a 4 year old.
Well It's award time. I won Ladies OVERALL Reserve.   I was just smiling like a goat in a briar path...
So now I'm thinking Maggie Who? I Never won this big on Maggie... Lebo made me happier than a tornado in a trailer park.... believe you me...
I got me a nice buckle coming! wooohoooo.
The Roany Pony is amazing to ride though... his barrel turns.. flying lead changes.. Here is Roany on a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment