You might be a redneck......

My Cowboy and I drove down to atlanta for a hot minute.  Seriously we left Thursday night at 5-ish.  Then got there around 8 pm, loaded my 69 kaiser army jeep on the trailer, slept at my parents house, then headed out around 8 am with my parents behind us.   My father moved his horses up here..  and I have not seen them since he let them out in the pasture. But I'm sure they are happier than pigs in mud, they can eat grass until it's coming out their ears.  Grass is a treat for them, since my parents live on top of a mountain and it's trees and rocks, so those horses lived mostly on hay.
Well we got back to South Kakalaki around lunch time, had us a good lunch... and being from a family where gravy is considered a beverage, we threw down for supper.  I made some black bean avocado side dish, mexican marinated pork chops and a spicy queso sauce.. mmmmhmmm...
Then I made gravy in the morning (saturday) for breakfast :)
After breakfast my mother and I headed off to town like a herd of turtles, she needed mascara......... or so I thought....
It really turned into a cato n' wal-mart experience.. I offered to take Mom to CVS.. she said "wellllllllll I need to get a stool too, so I was thinking wal-mart".  heh.... So I pull into wal-mart parking lot, and what happened?  she spotted a store called Cato and wanted to check it out, "since she's still looking for a dress for the wedding"  nuh uh..... The WHOLE store ganged up on me.  She started telling them about the meet and greet I was going to attend tomorrow since I'm getting married and  the two girls that worked there said, OHHHHH MY GOSH YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED...... I'm thinking "oh great those kind of girls".  Well they started asking what I was going to wear... my mom butted in and said "boots and jeans". Those girls looked at me with a look that looked kinda like I kicked her puppy then shook their heads at me.. I was like... "what!??!?!?! Seriously???"  then some customers joined in.. and they all explained to me about how I needed to be dressed up and presentable.  I'm thinking... "oh my my my! I'm in high cotton", but after a bunch of going back and forth... The unspeakable happened..... they had me in a dressing room trying on sundresses....
and yes..... I'm ashamed to admit it.... but I bought one.....
After that fiasco.  I said "ok wal-mart NOW".  I bought some Oreo cookies to console my tortured soul and battered emotional state ;).  You know whatever works as an excuse to eat "bad" food.
Saturday night was great.  They had a low country boil, and I met a lot of friends of my cowboys family.  And, I got some gifts!  I got a new cuisinart coffee maker and a awesome salt and pepper shaker that was held in a statue of a horse, some towels colored buttercream and a kitchen aid tea kettle.  I was like ALRIGHT..   So I started making a list of thank you notes to write.
Sunday we got the bathroom installed in the milking bar and a lot of the finishing touches done inside the bar area, we only have a few more things to do and we are done :)
Today..  I rearranged the front room and Kitchen.... and vegas was sick last night, so he left a present on the carpet.  I got out my little green machine and wound up cleaning almost the whole carpet with it...
I made cole slaw first thing this morning. we are having hot dogs, baked beans and cole slaw for supper tonight.. I had me a hankerin'.   Just like I got all involved down the cereal aisle at the grocery store.   bought me some Froot Loops.... mmmmmmmmm  That brought back some summer time memories :)
I also rented some movies to watch tonight and tomorrow night.
I talked to my father early this morning.. he left the horse trailer here, So he's like. "You have to clean out the back, there is manure and hay in it.  You can't leave it because it will compost and burn and we don't need that trailer burning down."  I was like "dad..... you don't have to explain.. just tell me to do it and I'll do it" .  I did that first thing before it got hot out.
I just came back in the house from my "redneck beach"
I call it such because.. I took a tri-fold beach chair out to the lagoon (the official name for the manure pond)  and laid out there in my wal-mart special camouflage bathing suit listening to John Thurgood real loud playing from the speakers of the dually, and drinking a diet mountain dew :)  I figured... somewhere someone would think.... You might be a redneck if you were sunbathing next to a lagoon.... etc  :)

Comments

Popular Posts