Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dandelions and horses..

This past weekend we had yet another competition.. I didn't win at all... I was also riding Miss attitude.. Maggie Mae,  we had a time catching her, and My Cowboy rode his horse Lebo.
Well Lebo and him weren't gelling at all.. so they had a little blow up in the middle of the arena.  And then I got my Roany Pony back :)  He's going to ride Maggie.  He thinks that Maggie is faster than Lebo, but, I'm not so sure about that...
So this weekend.. We are going to a competition in Georgia... We are going to battle it out.. trading horses :)
I had a great time with great friends. I even had a great surprise. My good good traveling buddies from Tennessee showed up.  I was so excited to see their rig pull up that I jumped out of my chair, knocked it over (and my drink) and ran over to their tractor.
They talked us into going to Georgia.  I'm game... I haven't competed with those jokers in a while.
It is so hot up here..  I broke out the dresses, so I don't have to wear hats and chaps and all....

When we got back Sunday night, I put Maggie and Lebo in the calving barn.  I figured the pasture was not the place for lil miss run away when you try to catch her, and Lebo cut his leg somewhere, so I've been doctoring it every day.  It's looking good. So them two are being forced to share a feed trough with the calves.

Monday after we got back,  early in the morning before the sun really kicked in, I decided to go out and pick all the dandelions I could.  Then I made them into Jelly.  I've never had Dandelion Jelly before.  But it's a lot like honey.. nummmy.

The days are going by quickly.. and before I know it, it's going to be July 9th.  I've been trying to get rid of my farmers tan, but, I just can't seem to sit still in the sun in a bathing suit long enough to even burn.  I don't really burn, but I tan. So, My best shittin' friend Mel.  She told me about this L'Oreal stuff called sublime self tanner or something like that...  she said it worked and sent me a before and after pic...
it totally did... So I marched my butt to CVS and bought me some.. the first application went well... the container said streak free... and it didn't streak..... wellllllll.  Sunday night when I got home, I decided to apply some more........ I woke up with streaks all over my legs and my toes look dirty.. Well I've been feverishly trying to wash it off.. but, I think it stained my legs!  So Mel told me to try and make a Sugar and Lemon paste and wash with that.... I'll try that tonight..
I'm also trying to figure out what to write in these thank you cards I need to get to writting...
"thanks for the food processor, I'll try not to loose a finger", as Mel suggested... haha... I belive that is all for now. We have a young farmers association meeting tonight. Speaking of farming.. My garden is HUGE.  I'm excited to start eating the stuff it's producing...

No comments:

Post a Comment