Monday, June 6, 2011

Good Friends, new beginnings and some endings........

This past weekend we headed off to compete in Georgia, for the first time in about a year...
We got the dogs all settled in the tractor, and pulled off..  about 45 minutes into our journey, I look back to see Vegas just propped up on a pillow and snoring.  He's so spoiled.

Well on our way to the Competition we made a little pit stop.  I had been eyeing 80's model corvettes... and I just so happen to come upon a 1975 Stingray model in North Georgia.
we test drove it and it has a few things that need repairing since it's been sitting not being driven or started up in years...
And since my truck is gone and my mustang... we bought it. :)

I'm so excited.. I can't believe it.. I have wanted a corvette since I was a wee little chap!

It was good to see a lot of people I haven't seen in a long time down there in Georgia.. and I could have done without some of the bad attitudes of some of the infamous Georgia group.  But, what goes around comes around.
Maggie Mae really impressed me, She won the mens 5 division with my cowboy riding her.  A lot of people were talking about Maggie and how fast she was....  and yes... someone asked the question.. "is she pregnant"  so I said yes and smiled a fake smile.  And a bystander said, "oh wow she is?"  I gave him a look like "seriously?"  he said.. "oh she's not?" I said "she's what most people call an easy keeper..."  I can't get her skinny.. I've tried.. Big girl likes her green grass and she's gonna get it!

Well I can't say the same for Me and Lebo.. We had a great day Saturday and I made some mistakes so, we didn't win.. but, Sunday... I was tacking him up and getting him ready and he was so jumpy, I would touch his side and he'd jump sideways.. go to brush him and he'd tense up.  I just didn't know what to do with him.. So I finished tacking him up and went out to the first stage.. and it was a good stage...  then the second stage came around.. and we faught on our way into the arena.. then he wanted to go backwards... then that turned into a HUGE fight through the course he was launching straight up in the air the whole time and I was trying to hold him together.. it was horrible...
Then the third stage... His cheese slid right off his cracker.....  I rode out of the arena... and I too was done, just like my cowboy said he was last weekend.....

I talked to a few of my friends about it before we sent him home with some of our good friends... and everyone said I tried my best with him, and  sometimes a horse is so far gone there is no getting him back... I wish that wasn't the case with Lebo.... I did try hard with him.. for over a year.. trying to calm him down and put his mind back.. but, I think they are right.. deep down inside.. I know they are right, he's to blown up for arena competitions.. I thought about barrel racing him, but, I had a problem getting him into the arena doing that too... so, He needs to be a lawn ornament for a while somewhere.  Somewhere where someone will ride him on trails only.. no more competing... I couldn't really say goodbye to him, because my heart was sad.. so nuzzled him and choked back some tears.. and we headed back to South Carolina..

No comments:

Post a Comment