Friday, June 10, 2011

So close... yet so far away.....

So here's my baby... she's in the shop... they've been working on her since monday....  I'll tell you what.. they are slower than molasses on a cold day...  So I went to go check on her today...
He had everything torn apart.. her brakes were all jacked up.. then he found a rats nest, they ate through the wheel on the blower motor... so we have to special order that... and things here and there... she's been sitting for a couple of years.. so they are going through and giving her the once over.. and put new carpet in her.. since apparently it smells like rat pee....
But, to make a long story short.. to late... I blew in there and put my hands on my hips and asked what in the wild world of sports was taking them fellas so long!
And that was the answer I got.... He started talking all these old corvette words... and I think my eyes glassed over.. and I must have gotten that deer in headlights look.. because I went into overload thinking about how much this is gonna cost........ so he sent me away with a list of things to get..  So I ran off to find me some internet service.. and found a great webpage with EVERYTHING corvette.. and some of the stuff I was thinking thousands was only 79 bucks...  So, Crisis averted...  As the parts come in, she will be getting put back together..  I did order her a front license plate today... C3 flags with corvette written on the bottom.. It's gonna look good..   I briefly thought of a vanity plate for the vette... but, that's just retarded.  I hate looking at those things wondering what cryptic message this person has on their license plate for me to figure out...... so that was a passing thought... the South Carolina tag will be just fine...  I am dreaming of driving this car around...  I feel like a kid waiting for christmas to come.... I just can't stand it! It's been my childhood dream to have this car.. and here it is.... in my zip code.. and I can't touch it... It's simply driving me nuts...
Yesterday My cowboy and I were in Asheville, then on our way back home, we decided to go by abbot farms... They have the best peaches (hands down) in my book.  And I figured since it was almost the peak of peach season they would have peaches a plenty. Well, not quite yet... and to much disappointment, the sign said home made fried pies.. and boy oh boy my mouth was watering thinking about a golden fried peach pie... We jumped out of the truck and I bounced up to the door.. and Bam! the smell of peaches all around... jams, jellies, moonpies and fresh breads....... but, just like that.... no fried peach pies.. The lady said they didn't have any today..... it was like a kick to the gut.. I left empty handed... nothing.. zilch, zip.. zero...  We were both disappointed...
We drove back home, and did our chores, then My cowboy was pretty darn tired, so he went to take a nap.. and I got to dwell on Fried Peach pies.. and flakey crusts.. and cinnamon-y peach goodness... and I got my butt up and made us golden fried peach pies.. and we had ribs, coleslaw and deviled eggs for supper.. then the pies for venetian hour.....  I gotta watch out for this venetian hour.. it's like a sickness, and I think I'm allergic to food... because every time it eat it.. it turns to fat.. and I don't need my wranglers being so tight you could see Lincoln smiling on the penny in my pocket.... and I digress.... I went back to eating sugar free candies and goodies today... after my bout of sugar shock... That wedding dress really needs to fit in 30 days.... Just sayin'.

Anyhow back on the farm, I have more eggs than I can eat.. and more zucchini and Squash than I can cook... I'm about to blanch 'em and freeze 'em for next year, after I make a squash casserole or two... but, there is still more to pick out there!  Tonight I fried up zucchini and chicken, and made some mashed potatoes...  Supper was good.. and those zucchini were awesome.. I think food means more, when you plow the field, grow it from a seed, water it, watch it grow, pick it and then cook it. There is something deeply satisfying in that process. I'm proud to be a farmer.
And speaking of picking food.  We decided which cow we were going to butcher tonight. Then once we got back in the truck, my cowboy looks at me and says "do you want" then gives me this look and slapped me in the forehead. I was shocked, and we both started laughing, and he started trying to tell me there was a mosquito on my forehead.  I was laughing so hard I was crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment