Saturday, July 16, 2011

Captains Log.. Day 6

We awoke again to being surround by sea but some mountains off in the very far distance...  We all had breakfast. Eric went to the spa for a massage or something, then Sharyl and I wanted to play Bingo, and Clint said he'd go with us.. but, we were like 5 minutes to late getting there, So we were denied entry to the holy bingo land....
So, We went to look at the pictures from the previous formal night.. and that is where I was asked for the first time.... "are you wearing underwear?" I was mortified... maybe shocked... I don't know.. so I simply stated.. "no, remember I don't own any".  Yeah ha ha.. look at me... oh god...
So after that little adventure.. we got to talking about people..  we were asked countless times if we were from texas... So I started asking them stupid questions like.. "are you from florida? I mean you're wearing shorts and flip flops.. in Alaska"??  that shut them up.. retards...
We met back up with Eric, and decided to go take salsa lessons.. :)
Well, I'll have you know... My dancing partner and I won a dancing trophy.. that's right... a DAyncing trophy... we can salsa! And of corse everyone knew me as the Comando warrior and him as Tex.
We decided we all had to pack after that.. since the next day signified the end of our cruise, so we all had some lunch and went back to our staterooms and packed everything up that we weren't going to use that night... there was a lot of packing to do.. and situating things we bought and stuff we couldn't take on our carrying on luggage and that lasted pretty much until it was time to head down the gangway to Canada.. woohoo...
Welcome to Canada, Hello Customs.. and I got a stamp in my passport.. it says "canada" hahah.
Well off to a tour bus that took us straight to downtown. The tour bus was nice and comfy, until the lady behind me asked me if I was wearing Panties.... really, I'm serious..
Well, we got off downtown somewhere.. and let me tell you what.  Canada is beautiful, and I'm thinking.. Wow I really like this place....









We made our way to a scottish pub that everyone on the ship said we needed to eat at.. and they were right.. it sure was good. Fish and chips with malt vinegar.. once we left there.. we went walking around a bit... and it was there that we found a seven eleven.....  I went to the candy aisle, everything looked different, the reeces, M&Ms, butterfingers.. and none of it had high fructose corn syrup.  In case you are wondering.. I did not try any of it, nor buy any.
We find our way to a giftshop, and that is where I realized the US Dollar is crap. And I must have sounded and looked shocked when I exclaimed "HOLY CRAP OUR MONEY IS CRAP", because the little canadian dude behind the counter was laughing really hard at me through his coke bottle glasses. 
I paid his 10 dollars.. CANADIAN money.. and walked out with my keychain (for my best friend Mel), and a shotglass for my collection. Then we four were in moods, or maybe we are all just to patriotic... but, I was mad.. my money was worth crap in this country.. they took it.. but, they wouldn't even make change in us dollars..  We collaboratively decided to just go back to the ship, on our way back we found a mime, that looked like a bronze cowgirl, Clint took his picture with her. 

We get across the street from the bus stop.. and the line has got to be 2 blocks long. So we were all debating what to do, when a boy on a bicycle and a two seater carriage thingy behind him and a fella with a rickshaw powered by his own two feet, happen to tell us they could take us all.
So we get to talking about prices and haggling.. and then, Clint says... How about the two of you race to the ship and the one that wins gets 50 bucks...
The two boys looked at each other.. and the one on foot... yells to my cowboy and myself to get in.. and throws us out into traffic and off we went....
that boy was digging...  cutting off taxi cabs and cutting turns short....  we were in the lead.. then all of a sudden... here comes eric and sharyl on the bike rickshaw, we are yelling some friendly banter back and forth... just trying to see who was in the better rickshaw...  Well Eric and Sharyl pass us, and our guy is like don't worry.. then jumps on the back of their rig and is hitching a ride.. Eric is hitting him and trying to get him to turn loose.. but, he never let go... so here we are hitching a ride and the guy on the bike says "which way"  our dude says "go straight" then dives of and makes a fast turn to the right, looks over his shoulder and tells us this was a shortcut...  
Well other dude makes a WIDE turn and almost hits a fence... Eric and Sharyl are yelling... the kid almost hit mailboxes... he's driving down the darn sidewalk!
Well, we are in the lead.. and he's just huffing and puffing and the dude on the bike NEVER caught us...
he dropped us off at the customs office at the pier right next to the ship.. and oh my word, that was worth the trip to BC. 
All of us on the pier after the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment