Friday, September 30, 2011

Punch and pie.....

Well I got home and decided I needed me something to sooth my sweet tooth....
So I got out some flour and got to making me a pie crust...
then I must have no been thinking when i grabbed the 10" skillet....
so I just HAD to roll out the pie crust a little more... Just Sayin'
it may not be pretty.. but I will say... it tastes darn good :)
I wasn't into jazzing.. I just wanted me some PIE!!
Well Then I got to mixing the pie up.. and when it came to vanilla.. i just added gentleman jack bourbon :)
This pie took 3 hours to make... 1 hour cooking.. and 2 hours cooling in the oven with the door closed...
and during that long 3 hours...  I made Italian hot sausage with peppers and onions on the grill... that is a favorite of mine :)
Then my cowboy and I went out to the milking bar-n to hang out and listen to some music.. and plan a Halloween party ;) and we stayed out there for a while... then my craving for this said pecan pie got to me.. and I was all about leaving and going back into the house...
as soon as you opened the door to the house you could smell that heavenly aroma of pecan pie.. mmmmmmhmmmm.. that's slap your momma good smelling ya know?
So I briskly walked into the kitchen to check this out.. and I opened the oven to see this beauty sitting before me...
woooohooo is all I can say.. we threw down on that pie before bed :)
I had pleasant dreams of eating pie all night.. to which in fact...... I crawled out of bed around 3am, trying to be a quiet as a church mouse... I pulled back the cellophane and began to dig in.. when suddenly I heard... "what are you doing?!?!" I immediately froze, then swallowed my little bite... then slowly turned around and mumbled out in my most innocent voice "nothing..."
I was busted... red handed... hand in the cookie jar....  my cowboy said... "you couldn't wake me up to have some pie?".. I was all "well you were soooo tired.. and looked some comfortable just sleeping there.. you were even snoring...." I stopped like mid sentence.. I was busted. and couldn't think of any white lie to tell him about why I was being stingy with the pie.....  So we had a piece and went back to bed :)
Then in the morning it was all I could do NOT to eat it for breakfast.. instead I had a omelet... my hips will probably thank me...
But, last night before we went to the cattleman's meeting.. we shared a piece... just to make sure it was still good. you know.. since it was sitting out on the counter all night and all day.. wouldn't want it to go bad... we were just looking out for our best interest....
Well that is the end of the story of my bourbon pecan pie....
we are headed to the Virginia state fair to try to take home some yankee money at the Virginia state championships :)
I am overdue for a corndog and some cotton candy.. even a candied apple and a funnel cake...
I plan on being a kid at the fair.. Ferris wheels and roller coaster rides.. OH MY!

No comments:

Post a Comment