Pumpkins

It has been raining here since Monday..
I woke up yesterday morning and was thinking since it's opening day of rifle season, I might go.. they I found out it was raining.. so as one of my friends said "That doesn't sound like a real hunter to me, sounds more like a girly-girl. "Ew, I don't want to get wet."  yeah that was me :P but there are plenty of more days of nicer weather to kill me a deer.
But, yesterday on my lunch break, I Finally got to the market and picked out two pumpkins.  The old fella that works there asked me why I was buying two and not just one.  I said, well My husband loves the seeds, so after thanksgiving I dry the seeds and roast them with Cajun spices for him, and then I make pasta out of the meat of the pumpkin, So the whole thing really doesn't go to waste..  then he hit me up for the pumpkin seed recipe.. 
For supper we had hamburger steak, corn and deviled eggs... then after supper my cowboy had the GREATEST idea ever...
He wanted cookies!  I thought that to be a fantastic idea, so I proceeded to make Chocolate chip cookies..  then on a full belly we both went to sleep...  and then I woke up in the middle of the night, to what I though was a earthquake.. but, no.. Vegas was stuck under the bed and crying trying to get out.. so I get up, turn the lamp on.. then get my glasses and start pulling him out... well while i'm doing that.. he starts peeing all over the place... I'll be so happy when he's not a puppy anymore... *sigh* that being said.. I yanked him out from underneath the bed, and ran him to the kitchen to get him out of the door.. and apparently I wasn't as swift as I thought I was.. because he pee'd a trail from the bedroom through the living room into the kitchen and around the dining table out the door..... I think I was too tired to be mad.. I got my cleaner and went to work.... I looked up at the clock.. and it was 1:25am.... seriously? yeah... I let the dogs back in... then crawled back in bed and started reading my book... HOURS and chapters later.. I went back to sleep.... then woke up to the Alarm clock screaming at me to get up... I'm dragging.. and I'm on my second cup of coffee...
Well Since I was late.. I was thinking about breakfast... well my cowboy ate cookies, he didn't want his usual eggs... so I decided to try this microwavable egg omelet thingy...*gag*  well I didn't know how long to put the eggs in there.. so I decided 3 minutes might do the trick... YUCK.. they were like rubber.. I wound up giving them to the dogs and then ate cookies for breakfast myself :)

This weekend, I am making apple sauce and then apple butter.. and maybe Sunday I'll make some pumpkin fudge.  I've got to get my wisdom tooth pulled out tomorrow at 1:30......  :(
I'll let y'all know how that goes.. it's the last one.. and its not hurting at the moment.. but it was hurting bad last week...
That's about all that is new around here...

Comments

Popular Posts