Monday, October 24, 2011

The road that leads to Walhalla

We set off to Walhalla, SC to go to Chattooga county which is actually part of Sumter national Forrest where we live... We left with Maggie Mae and Sioux. and rode about 30 miles up and down the mountain and across all the fords that they have crossings at.

We had a great time..
We cooked breakfast and supper on the campfire.. and packed lunches.


You can barely see the mountains through the trees, but this was on top of Rocky Gap.

Earl's Ford
 This is the first crossing that you come to, This is Where you cross into Georgia from South Carolina



My Cowboy propping up after Lunch


Getting the horses ready to head out.


Sioux's first time at a big river

Sioux and Maggie Drinking

My Cowboy and Sioux, Maggie and I


My mares and I after Lunch




A few years back, this is where we fell in love.


Maggie and I hanging out in Adline Ford





Sweet Potatoes Smoldering in the camp fire...


Vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment