Monday, October 3, 2011

Virginia State Championship

I had a blast at the Virginia State Championships, which was held at the State Fair in doswell..
We got there late friday night, after getting stuck in an insurance seminar with people rubber necking trying to see what was going on... so it took like an hour to get through charlotte..
but, we got the horses settled.. then headed over to the fair for some FUNNEL CAKES!!!!!!!!!
Tracy Lawrence was performing... and we stopped for a minute to see him, then i kept smelling the heavenly aroma of funnel cakes and cotton candy.. so I was like.... screw him let's go have supper...
So off we went.. and we had to go through this pedestrian tunnel thing.. and as soon you were at the other side.... the aroma of funnel cake hit you and surrounded you like a dream... ohhhhhhhhhhhhh man.. my mouth was watering...
so 1 funnel cake later...  we came upon hand dipped corn dogs........ yeah I had one of them... and some cotton candy.... num num num.. just saying.. :)
So we headed back towards the horses with full happy bellies... and woke up the next morning freezing in the bed... it was cold up there.. we get outside... and there were spectators galore, and people all around.. the crowd was cheering while we were shooting and it was just a really great time.
Maggie and I were setting fast times...
I was winning overall...Then the band started warming up.. and Maggie got to dancing around until I showed her where the noise was coming from..
I think she was almost in horsey sensory overload...
But, we went in there for the last stage.. and it was one of my favorite courses... we blister the first 5... then turn the barrel.. hit the next two balloons.. I shoot the third and my gun went *bam bam* real fast...
it even lit up in my hand.. i had no idea what happened..
everyone said I was lucky that the gun didn't burn my hand..
apparently it's called a chain fire.. and an ember goes off and sparks the black powder in the other chamber and explodes it...
so I missed the last two..
but, oh well.. I did my job.. and most importantly... Maggie did hers...
so I wasn't too upset I didn't win over all.. I still won my division.. so I was still happy :)
But, I drowned my sorrows away in sugary goodness of what they called a apple crisp!
it was amazing.. then I rode a bunch of rides with my two favorite kids Kayla and Trevor.

No comments:

Post a Comment