dead.... dead... deadski...

There she is.. This morning...
I got back in her as soon as I woke up to try to get her started....
and she wouldn't start....
So I began to sing to her..

Maybe I didn't love you.........
Quite as often as I could have...........
Maybe I didn't treat you.......
Quite as good as I should have..........

If I made you feel second best.....
Vette I'm so sorry I was blind........
You were always on my mind.....

You were always on my mind.....

Ahhh Sing it Willie......

Well let me tell you what happened...
I met my cowboy and our friend Eric at the San Jose Messican place to have a happy hour beverage before we went home..  I was be-bopping along down the highway...
getting closer to our ranch.. and I put my turn signal on... and start to turn into the driveway......... *bam*
I'm like what the heck was that... yeah she backfired or something.. then I went to accelerate a little bit... and there was nothing... she just coasted me right up into her parking spot.. and that was that..
So now I start talking to her... like what happened?  so I try to start her up like 10 times... dead... zip.. zilch.. nicht... nothing.... I couldn't even put the lights down...
So I turned her off.. and said.. alright.. we'll fix this in the morning..
And my cowboy pulled up behind me.. and I told him something terrible happened...
he was all concerned until I told him my Vette wouldn't start..  he said "Ahh it'll be alright.."
So we went in the house and I started making..............

Black Bean, Corn and Turkey Chili:


1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound ground turkey
1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
1 3/4 cups Chicken Broth
1 cup Pace Picante Sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1 can (about 15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15.25 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
  • Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the turkey, onion, chili powder, cumin, oregano, black pepper and garlic powder. Cook until the turkey is cooked through, stirring often to separate meat.
  • Stir the broth, picante sauce, sugar, beans and corn in the saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
It was really good... I didn't use the sugar.

and here I am at work... driving the truck.. and It's raining.. and I'm sad...

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts