Eggs Galore!

After a long spell of NOT getting my Americana eggs.. I have been successfully gathering my hearts galore of eggs every day.. I'm very proud of them, and I'm glad they like their new coop.
When it gets a bit colder, I'll probably go ahead and put out a heat lamp for them, I have it up, just not on yet.
I have names for most of my chickens.. but, I haven't named the newest 6 yet. They were little chicky poo's when I got them.  And they are finally now starting to get personalities. I have one Hen that I call the Rogue chicken.. She's an escape artist. and I have one white americana I call Snow.  I have to name the Roos... Haven't done that yet.. except for the white roo.. I've been calling him Fabio... he's going to be a looker when he gets older..
I need to take some pictures of them.
Last night for supper I made this Creole Green Chili Cream sauce Chicken.. it was awesome. and Totally easy to do...

1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 teaspoons Creole or Cajun seasoning
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 can (10 3/4 ounces)  Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup water
1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped green chiles
1 teaspoon lime juice
1/4 cup sour cream
  • Season the chicken with the Creole seasoning.
  • Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.  Add the chicken and cook until well browned on both sides.
  • Stir the soup, water, chiles and lime juice in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
  • Stir in the sour cream and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
 So make that for supper tonight :)
I've decided that there needs to be more hours in the day.. I want to ride my horses.. but, I just can't during the week.  I miss waking up, going to school (undergrad) then going to the barn and riding Romeo, then going to work.. go to sleep and repeat.. I did that for many many years..
Now I just work every day.. and the days are short due to the winter season...
But, Saturday we are going to practice with the horses and I'm going to try out a new set of guns I got for competition..

My Cowboy and I have been dueling it out with with Wii sports package.. haha 
I don't like the baseball game.. but, I am rocking at tennis, bowling and boxing...
Golf.... not so much.. we golfed the 9 hole thingy... I had like 27mph winds and I drove the ball.. and it just went off the flipping cliff and I was out of bounds..
I hate golf anyways... I couldn't play that in real life.. but, put put.. I might be able to put put my big butt around that course.. haha
My pig has been limping.. My cowboy said that I have made him too fat... I feed him good junk..
Like that.. that's pumpkin.. it's a squash.. should be healthy for him...
Unlike the pumpkin Gnocchi I ate until my hearts content :)
I need to make some bread tonight.. but Hammy is our garbage disposal..

I'm going to make some Almond cranberry bark tomorrow and bring it to this Christmas party we were invited too. You can't go empty handed when you get invited... it's bad manners..  so I'll make chocolate :) gives me a reason to just *have* to try some ;)
I think that is all for now..
Maya on my chair last night.. I almost sat on her.




Comments

Popular Posts