Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The New Year So far...

For New Years we went to a competition.. Saturday I won my class.. and Moved up to another class..
Then Sunday, I finished 3rd over all and My cowboy was 4th overall.. and we were both Reserve champions..
so we were happy with that..
My business has started to boom like crazy.. so I have some front desk help now.. and she is amazing..
I'm really thankful to have her and have her  helping me like she is..
That is really it on the professional front..
on the Ranch side.. now we've been rockin' and rollin'... Last Friday after I got out of the Clinic.. we left for Clinton, Tennessee.. right outside of Knoxville.. and bought a hay rake.. well we get to this guys house right at dark. and he wants us to drive through the front yard.. haha.. and he said "foller meh", and we did... so he got this really nice rake loaded up on out trailer and then he starts asking questions.. like "are you going to resell this?"  My cowboy said "No, we've got a lot of land to work" and this fellah says.. " yeah I got about 350 acres.. I did a lot of baling" then he goes into the fact that pork is 4 dollars a pound and he's raising all these hogs and crap...  so right then and there I realized he's a exaggerator....   so we let him talk.. while we were ratcheting down the hay baler... got that crap all squared away and hauled off towards West Virginia..
But first we stopped at waffle house for supper.. then drove off towards Bristol..
now let me tell you about the peoples from north of Bristol... they are all weird.. in fact the Mason-Dixon line should probably be drawn there and not above Virginia...

anyways.. we made it Wytheville Virginia.. and stopped at the best western.. and stayed the night.. they are pet friendly and American owned :).  Once we awoke.. we got ready and left and crossed into West Virginia and sat down to have a nice country breakfast at the cracker barrel...  well that didn't work out to good.. the people around us got their food first.. then my sausage wasn't cooked all the way.. and my bacon was floppy.. the woman never came back to give me more coffee..
I complained... and my cowboy and I decided right then and there.. that if grits are a novelty.. it's not someplace we want to be.. we got to Bilington West Virginia.. and loaded up this big ole' Case hay baler.. in the middle of the road mind you.. because we couldn't make it down the people's driveway in our truck and trailer... but, they were nice.. the lady was telling me about all the crazies in her town.. :)
We left there and headed out back to South Carolina.. a few hours into this trip.. we got hungry.. and the first main thing we came to on 77 was applebee's.. so we stopped there... again..odd people and odd service..
we sat there for about 45 minutes before they brought food.. but they had mountain dew on tap.. which I was thoroughly happy with :)

Anyways.. we got back in the truck and continued back towards the promised land..
When we hit North Carolina.. I was so relieved to start seeing Waffle House's at each exit..
there is something comforting about that...
I was pretty tired by the time we hit Charlotte.. so I started flipping through the XM channels.. and came to the Elvis station... and about the time I was singing along to Elvis tunes and eating pork rinds and drinking a mountain dew.. and my cowboy turns down the radio.. looks at me and said "honey, you might be a redneck" I was like seriously?!!? hahahah
so we made it back around 10pm.. pulled into the driveway left everything and went in the house and went right to sleep..
the next day we woke up and unloaded everything.. then worked the cows.. we brought 9 to the sale..
and one of those was my baby biscuit... apparently I got a little teary eyed.. and my cowboy said.. "honey.. this is a business"... I understand.. but, Biscuit was my baby... I went through so much with him.. but, I do understand the hazards of him being a bull... I am sad.. and I was looking for him yesterday in the pasture.. but, hopefully he's somewhere nice..
I banded two calves and tagged them and wormed them, and set them back out with the herd..  and that was about the end of the weekend..


No comments:

Post a Comment