Beautiful Weekend.

My chickens are nuts..  They pecked the eye out of a mouse that was in their house... I'm holding him up right there...  I think they are a little territorial of their house :)

This past saturday, I had to meet a patient at the clinic because she was having some problems, but we got her squared away, then we went by the home improvement store and I was able to pick up a few things for the gazebo.. I got two new chairs, a coffee table and a 2 seater wicker chair set..  its nice.. plus I got a mosquito net to go around the whole thing.. I set all that up on Sunday morning..
Saturday we had to take a horse of ours to a friends house, he's on his way to virginia by way of North Carolina,  my cowboy decided to sell him.. and so he's gone...  I was sad about it.. but, not as sad as when he sold Lebo...
I understand this is a business and some horses are permanent fixtures and some are on borrowed real estate...
I hope he'll be happy.. wherever he's going.. he's going to make a jam up horse.. he turns 5 this year.. and he's going to be beautiful..

Sunday was a day all around the house..  cleaned up the yard, gave the horses hay..
fed the cows.. and caught up the cow we are going to eat...  He's going to the butcher on Wednesday..
I had put a picture of him on facebook.. and got a lot of people saying they disliked it and it was horrible..
where do you think beef comes from?
by god, I'm happy to know that this cow was raised on our ranch and I know every shot he has gotten, every time we wormed him, everything that has ever gone wrong (actually he was pretty healthy) But, I got him when he weight less than 20 lbs.. and now he is a big steer...
The people of today are ridiculous when it comes to food... can't have this or that.. everything has to be organic..  well it don't get more organic than that steer right there which is grass fed beef..
every steak you eat comes from some cow that someone raised somewhere...
My patients is running short with people the past few days...
I had a patient try to tell me how to do my job... I politely explained that if they wanted to go to school for 6 years like me and get to call yourself Doctor.. go ahead.
Then I had another tell me I charged them $2.10 more than their E.O.B.
and I had someone that wasn't an american citizen come in and try to get free health care.... which does not fly with me.. because I am an american citizen and I lived without health insurance for about 8 to 10 years of my life.. and I never got treated for free anywhere...
anyways...  I miss being on the ranch and just not leaving the place unless I needed something from the market...  I enjoy getting people well.. and I enjoy helping people.... I just think I would be happier being a full time rancher... but, that will never happen.... so I'll quit complaining about it and get back to work...
Oh.. Friday we went to the Marine Corps Graduation and It was awesome.. we met up with our friends Eric and Sharyl...  It was good to see them :)


Comments

Popular Posts