Rollin' downhill like a snowball headed for hell


Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened... This week I have been thinking about my fur babies and how much I miss the ones that have gone over the rainbow bridge...  and all week I haven't really wanted to do much, and I've been sleeping and not wanting to get out of bed.  But this is not a place for me to be "debbie downer".  Therefore; I'm going to dwell on the good times..
No matter how down you get the good times ain't over for good..
We have had a few calfs born these past few weeks, and things are looking good with the cattle...  as far as the house goes... since the cold weather has come back.. so have the mice..
Maya when she was wee little puppy
The past week or so, Maya has been ratting... and she usually catches them..  Sunday, before we headed off to see Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder..
I decided I was going to make some Borodinsky bread.. well.. I open the cabinet that holds my baking goodness.. and I see all the bread flour on the bottom of the cabinet.. 
so I figured a mouse ate a hole in the bottom of it, and that was that...
No.. that wasn't that... I got out the bag of flour.. and made an executive decision that.. well if the flour on the bottom is what the mouse touched.. the stuff on the top might be ok..
well.. No.. that was a wrong decision.. because I opened the bag and what was in there?!?!!?!? tiny little pink mice babies...  I was about fit to be tied.. that was a new bag of flour... SO I threw them in the trash and decided to clean out the flour from inside the cabinet and I'd just go buy more flour...
Well....  I get to moving some of the stuff in there.. and flying out comes this mouse right at me.. I fell backwards screaming like a school girl.. (it totally caught me off guard) and the mouse started to run.. and Maya was Johnny on the spot.. she caught that mouse and started chewing it... and all you heard was bones crunching..   Now I pop a lot of bones.. but, I don't break them... and she was breaking them.. hahahah
I gave her a few treats and told her she was my hero.. maybe even the wind beneath my wings.. hahahahah
Then we went to see Ricky Skaggs and that was amazing as always... He has to be the most talented man ever :)
Valentines day came around.. and I came to work.. and shortly after I opened the doors.. I was greeted by the Floral lady.. she brought me a dozen red roses :)

And that was an awesome way to start off Valentines day....  We decided not to go out to eat for this day... I said.. I could cook better crap at home then we would get in the restaurant.. plus better service.. hahah.. So I woke up extra early to pre-prepare a few things..  like I pounded out chicken breasts until they were thin, rolled out some prosciutto and brie cheese on top of the chicken and rolled them up into little logs of Cordon Bleu, put them in the fridge and let them marinate for a while...
Then came home from work and viola!
Chicken Cordon Bleu with Sauteed Broccoli


And for desert.. I pre-made Chocolate covered strawberries... and then paired this all with a sauvignon blanc wine...


And that was Valentine's Day..


Comments

  1. You are such a suzie homemaker. You make me look really bad. I hope Eric doesnt see all this stuff you cook, lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts