Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Spring Equinox


Ah, spring! This season brings increasing daylight, warming temperatures, and the rebirth of flora and fauna.
The word equinox is derived from the Latin words meaning “equal night.” The spring and fall equinoxes are the only dates with equal daylight and dark as the Sun crosses the celestial equator. At the equinoxes, the tilt of Earth relative to the Sun is zero, which means that Earth’s axis neither points toward nor away from the Sun. (However, the tilt of Earth relative to its plane of orbit, called the ecliptic plane, is always about 23.5 degrees.)
So you know what that meant right?  Brooms stood up by themselves, and I got an egg to stand up on end :)

The same ole' same ole' going on around our ranch this week...
I haven't baked anything spectacular.. well...  I did make some Malted Chocolate chip cookies.. they turned out real good..

I also went to peruse the antique shops with my mom.. came out with a late 1950s loaf pan.. in which I made a meatloaf that night..
and two really pretty tea cups.. Now I can really have a tea party in my gazebo :)
That's about all over here... 


Americana Egg


Meatloaf in the Antique pan

Malted Chocolate Chip Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment