A freezer full of beef

We got Ben back from the butcher... 300 lbs of Red meat goodness in my freezer..  86lbs of ground beef :)
But, thanks to a great farmgirl friend, I got a old cookbook entitled "365 ways to eat ground beef".  I have already cracked the seal and started using recipes out of there..
Tonight we are having a pot roast, complete with potatoes, carrots and onions.  It's in the crock-pot as we speak.. Simmering away.
I'm sitting here on my renovated macbook pro... when I say renovated.. I mean.. some little yeller fella wiped my harddrive clean while he was replacing the video card in my computer..
pissed me off to no end.. but, honestly...  there is no reason to cry over spilt milk.. and I didn't make a scene.. there is no use in it.. yelling and pitching a fit was not going to make my documents, pictures or anything come back.. so I took my computer and left..
I lost the wedding pictures, honeymoon pictures... everything.. gone..


So, I have a new doberdork.. he's blue.. and his name is Zeus,  he was the main reason we put the hogwire up around the house..
As you can see he has already made himself at home :)
He's reminding me a lot of Vegas..  This doberman is a warlock, and he is huge already..

So last night I made pickled eggs with beets.
my Cowboy said he wanted some.. so I got to boiling some eggs and all that.. I'm not sure about them.. because I can't see myself liking pickled eggs..
I got two pickle jars from the Cattleman's meeting the other night.. I asked the little old lady that was serving up some yummy country fried steak, if she would give me an old pickle jar they weren't using.. and she gave me two.. :)




 I made 12 eggs, and only filled the jar up half way..
I have also decided that my americana chickens lay eggs that are easier to peel than my buff orpingtons..

I've been watching the military channel a lot.. and I've been watching about WWII and when we dropped the bomb on hiroshima.. and I've been thinking..
we used to be a strong country.. foreigners feared our military and the value of our dollar was high... now.. even canada has a  currency that is worth more than us...
So I'm thinking.. we need to nuke some more countries.. put the fear of America back in the foreigners eyes.. and lower gas prices..

Maybe I should run for president :)
I could see that going over like a fart in church.. too many liberals in the world today.. being weak and having mercy never got me no where..  but, then again.. I am a wolf among the sheep..


If you ever see me being quiet.. It's usually because I am sharing some opinions with myself that you probably don't want to hear...

I've been working on my manners a lot lately..
keeping things to myself...
like the other night I was at a steakhouse with some people, and this young boy says "I didn't go back the way I came in because there were coyotes that way".  Just made me think...
I have more testosterone then him.. and instead of calling him a female cat and making fun of his prissy self... I just looked away and shook my head and quietly laughed to myself...
Now, I, for one.. will shoot my way out of any situation.. like the other day, I was home for lunch and letting the dogs out.. and this fella in a Green pick up truck comes up to the gate.. gets out.. and starts to unlatch the fence.. I come unglued.. my heart was racing.. and I ran out there with a 12 gauge and I was ready to empty it out on him.. when he put his hands up and was like "WAIT! YOU KNOW ME" hahhaha then I did figure out who he was and, he was just coming to pick up some traps he had put out in the back...
Again... I'm a wolf... not prey...
I get real territorial about my surroundings and my crap...

What else has been going on this week.. Nothing...  I've just been enjoying my front porch rocking chair.. :)
in fact I guess that is all that has been going on.. I've been doing a lot of front porch sittin'.. after my chores are done...
speaking of which.. I can't mow the grass because the tires on the lawnmower are flat.. they are getting fixed though...

It's Easter weekend.. and I hope the stupid bunny brings me a easter basket.. It's been a while..  but, maybe he's just pissed off at all those rabbits I've killed and ate over the years...
Speaking of Rabbit, here is a great recipe for Easter..


Coniglio Arrotolato

1/4 pound pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
1 cup mixed chopped herbs, such as Parsley, mint, basil, rosemary, and thyme
1 (3-pound) rabbit, cleaned and boned, left whole
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cups white wine

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a small frying pan, heat the pancetta over medium-high heat until most of the fat is rendered. Discard the fat and drain the pancetta on paper towels.
In a small bowl, combine the pancetta and herbs and mix well. Season the rabbit, inside and out, with salt and pepper, stuff the herb mixture into the cavity. Truss the legs with butcher's twine. Drizzle the rabbit thoroughly with extra-virgin olive oil and place in a casserole.
Pour the wine over the rabbit and place in the oven. Cook for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the rabbit is golden brown and juicy. Make sure to baste the rabbit every 15 minutes to keep it from drying out. Serve hot or at room temperature.


But, Remember don-na eat-a tha rabbit in the summer.. its-a got worms.. :)

we've got a good stand of grass so far..

Comments

Popular Posts