N. Carolina and Bust....

After the relay for Life bake sale.. I woke up early to head on over to the great state of North Carolina...
I got up, showered, dressed and loaded my horse on the trailer all in 30 minutes :)
I headed over to my friends house to pick her, her horse and her baby up...
We got on the road by 6:30 and were at the arena, with horses unloaded by 8:30... I was making some tracks..
The night before, I baked about 8 dozen cookies to take to sell at Relay for life, and then chased my stupid horse around the pasture on foot for like 45 minutes.. then when that didn't work... I went and got the 4-wheeler and chased her around for like another 20 minutes, until she finally decided that I won the battle... so I stuck her in the round pen for easy catching.. or so I thought.... the wench took her halter off while she was there over night and I had to look around for it in the dark until I fell over the darn thing..
Anyways... this weekend was a bust for me.. I don't like the guns that I won, and I think I'll go back to using my rugers..
Maggie sleeping after Saturday's competition
I did however have a "I'm about to hit the panic button moment"  On the last run of the Day.. I bet my friend Rene' on raw times.. and I got too hootin' and hollerin' and screaming my usual woohoo.. and Maggie dashed off the timer line.. and bam... I had no steering column.... my stupid reins broke.. so here I am.. guns blaring shooting in the air.. and I had one direction to go... to the right...
Well, I put the gun up and I was thinking to myself "should I bail.. or should I ride this out"  well Maggie got the drift something was up and she started trotting in a circle.. and I grabbed her mane and I was saying "Maggie... Maggie listen.. you need to walk.. whooooa maggie..." and by god.. she stopped and got on the rail and walked over to the range master at the end of the arena.. and she tied my rein back on the bit.. and I walked out of the arena...
that right there... is the bestest friend I have ever had.  Maggie could have went hog wild.. and I've seen her do that crap before.. but, right then and there, I knew she looks out for me. I love that horse dearly.
And I used to think that there was no other horse in the world for me but my Romeo.  But Maggie, I love her in a whole different way.  She is just amazing to me...

In other news... My garden has finally broke through the ground..  I got so excited yesterday when I went out to water everything... I'm about out of my stockpile of veggies and jams that were canned last year.. so I'm eager to start on this all again :)

I also found out this weekend that, my dad's horse, Pokey used to jump 3.5' jumps.. I'm excited about that..
I guess that is all for now..

Comments

Popular Posts