the Griswald's ain't got nothing on my weekend.

50 miles from Nashville
Well, I was excited... like loose sleep over going excited, to get to Tennessee..   I got up Friday and went to work, came home and was getting out of my corvette.  I turn around and there is my Cowboy. He says "we need to talk". So I'm all "alright, what is it".  He says "Maggie's limping".  Well I just went downhill from there..
I walked over to her.. and she wasn't limping.. she was plain out right gimping on her right rear.  she didn't even want to put weight on it..  my heart just sank.. she wasn't doing anything to get hurt, just bucking around the front yard at some point that morning. I was pissed to say the least..
So I was like, I'm not going.. I don't want to shoot, I don't want to go, end of story.  but, then I remembered I bought a non-refundable plane ticket and entry fees were already paid...
So I sucked it up, got on my broom and was full on out in b**** mode.  I put maggie back out in the pasture, and we loaded up Titan.. our 5 year old..
And off we went... My cowboy was driving the RV and trailer filled with food and tack for the 10 days.. and I was in our truck pulling the trailer and the horses....  after winding through the beautiful mountains on the North Carolina/Tennessee border we get to knoxville, where I proceeded to hang out the window yelling at this jerk that cut me off in traffic and made me go in the median.. he's lucky I didn't have a pistol handy.  Then we stop at a Flying J. Some guy in front of me just stops and parks practically in the middle of the entranceway.. I also yelled at him.  Then some lot lizard came up and asked for fuel, while we were pumping.. and my cowboy said "no, HELL NO".  Then some other fella comes up asking for money.. "I'm so sorry to bother you, we are out of gas and in need of some help"  I was about to come unglued and my cowboy let into him. told him he was a piece of crap etc.
well.. lets fast forward to getting there.. we got our stalls and then I was giving tattoo water and I bent over to pick up the water bucket and he came up behind me... blew warm breath on my neck and then nipped me... hahah.. that horse has the best personality ever.
I woke up early to ride titan in the arena.. and honestly I haven't ridden titan in a long long time..
so, I saddle him up and I get him up to the arena.. and put my foot in the stirrup and start to pull myself up and bam.. I was on the ground.. I'm thinking to myself.. did I miss the stirrup?  oh no.. I didn't.. it broke..
after a long day of trying to learn this horse and how he rides.. I put him back in his stall.. and I really miss Maggie.. she's like my best friend.. and it dawns on me.. I've never been at a competition without her.. I got all emotional in the stall with Titan.. poor guy....
but, after that.. I headed off to tractor supply to find a pair of stirrups.. which they didn't have.. so I asked the guy behind the counter at the service desk. He says.. oh about 13 miles down the road is another tractor supply and a tack store.. so I drive the 20-30 minutes down the road to the tack store.. closed..... then I go to the other tractor supply and check in there... no stirrups.. so again I ask the dude behind the counter and he said "yeah we don't have any", so I said "well do you know where I could get some?" and he said "yeah, at the stirrup store". and Apparently that was the straw that broke the camels back.. because I let loose on him.. and they asked me to leave.. so whatever..
I headed back to the arena..  but, not before stopping at publix.. where apparently I was the circus freak...
so I was not happy by the time I got back to the arena..
Sunday was no better... especially when it came time to go home..  My Cowboy drops me off at the airport... I check in and get my ticket.. then the TSA dude is looking at my id... then my ticket.. had me take my hat off.. then asked me how old I was.. and then asked me about my belt buckle... I refrained from the urge to tell  him it's so I can smack retards upside the head with it... and went through security....
While sitting at the gate I find out my plane is more than likely going to be delayed, but they weren't sure... how that happens I do not know..
so I decided to get something to eat to tide me over...
I sit down at some tennessee something or another restaurant.. had a bunch of pictures of jack daniels and stuff.. so I figured it would be ok..
well, the foreign waitress comes over and asks me what I want to drink... I said "sweet tea".. she said "we don't have sweet tea, only unsweetened iced tea".. I said "ok I'll have the unsweet tea" and she said again "we don't have sweet tea, only unsweetened iced tea" I proceeded to stare real hard at her.. then I asked her if she understood the word water.
so I decide on the bourbon ribeye with steamed vegetables and side salad.. she says "they are out of ribeye".  I said ok just give me any steak.  well apparently they don't have any steak at all.. I sighed deeply and said ribs.... the ribs was the neely recipe.. and the neely's suck and so do their ribs..
well we get on the plane about 45 minutes late.. and they said they were going to automatically change all of our connecting tickets... so up in the air and over to charlotte I go..... I get to charlotte.. and wow.. imagine that.. I missed my connecting flight to Columbia....
so I walk half way across the airport to find out that now my new connecting flight has been delayed...
I just want y'all to know.. I decided to fly because I didn't want to drive back the 6 hours home...
I left Nashville at 4pm and got back to columbia at 12:30am.. then the drive home..
I really could have driven home and made better time then playing airplane hop...


Comments

Popular Posts