Thursday, January 10, 2013

be nice and clean...

So here is the Soap I made...
I bought some of those silicon muffin pans.. hahah and I got the ones that were on sale, so this is what I got... hearts and flowers.. :)
I got to reading more on soap, and it has to dry out for 3 weeks now.  it's pretty solid and firm to touch but it kind of feels soft.  So it is just chilling on the back porch..
I also bought soy wax yesterday.. I'm going to try my hand at making candles...  I figure I'll put them in mason jars and see what it turns out like..
I did get my books on composting, the square foot gardening and greenhouses yesterday...  I read the composting book,  I have decided that i'm going to make a big ole pit outside out of pallets.... I'll do that next weekend...
So let me tell y'all a little story about my father and I building the paddock for Kismet...
picture this.. a t-post.. and a slide hammer.... and me... I get one sunk in... and then put a bunch of the fiber glass poles in, because we were running electric fencing....  I get to sink in another t-post.. I hit some rock... I go to slam down REAL hard on the darn thing.... and I grabbed one of the teeth on the t-post with the hammer.. and whack.... right in the head... I about knocked myself out...  I staggered for a minute... got light headed, broke a sweat and almost hit the ground....  my dad looks at me and says "what the hell'd you do that for?"  hahahah.. we laughed about it... and I was telling some people about it later, and I heard a good story...  a friend of ours welded a sledgehammer to the slidehammer and knocked himself out with it.. hahahaha
Farm work ain't for sissies.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment