Monday, January 7, 2013

“Hope Smiles from the threshold of the year to come, Whispering 'it will be happier'...” ― Alfred Tennyson

Christmas was good this year.. I realized that things and people only have the value that you assign to them...  thus, making up my new years resolution: I'm going to live my life with the notion that things only have the value that is assigned to them in this life...Therefore; I just put on the rosy glasses and went through the holidays..
New years, was uneventful, We had a bonfire going on in the back yard and my parents were over... but, I will say this... I had to set my alarm clock for 11:45 to watch the ball drop.. and I did.. and I was pissed off at ABC news, because they had that stupid Jenny McCarthy girl down there babbling on about the bacteria in everyones mouths... and then some of the things they were showing just really rubbed me the wrong way... so much so, that I wrote them a long message (500 characters was all I was allowed) explaining to them that Dick Clark would be rolling over in his grave with their mockery of the New Year.
And I digress...
Now it's the new year.. and there are higher taxes and ridiculousness... I'm starting to see angry people everywhere..
but, no one knows what to do about any of it..
On to Greener pastures.. we had a great new years banquet.. ham, collards, black eyed peas and cornbread... then left overs the next day..  and it was goood :)

Kismet is doing great, she is getting along real nice and walking.  I haven't ridden her yet, I might try that on wednesday..  It has been cold.. I mean bitter cold here and I just haven't wanted to get out and ride in the wind.  I can take cold.. but, wind... not so much...
I have been busy non-stop since I got back from Christmas break, and this is the first chance I've had to sit down and type anything..

The Firepit

Tattoo

Shrimp Alfredo, our Christmas Eve Dinner

First Time making Tamales

Kismet in her new paddock I made for her

No comments:

Post a Comment