sauer kraut and bars

Friday night started out with a John Michael Montgomery concert :) which I throughly enjoyed...
then we walked across the street from the opera house to the only bar left in town... and walked in.. some big guy was circling us.. and I asked him what his problem was... apparently he was the door man.... so, we had a coors light and left because the music sucked.. and I told the bartender that when she wondered why we weren't staying...   I don't go into a bar to want to hear music with no real lyrics besides cursing and talking about killing people...
play me some steel guitars.. to drown memories.... ya see?
Well, we were wondering what else there was to do... we thought about this new bar on the outskirts of town.. it used to be a Mexican bar, but the owner was doing Friday nights, Mexican.. and Saturday nights is karaoke and a DJ.  But, we figured maybe we'd take our chances with Mexican night...
so we headed to that bar... and we are outside the door.. and trying to listen... and my cowboy says "that's not mariachi music!"  no it wasn't.. it was country.. so we went in.... come to find out... they were having a good ole time in there, listening to OLD country...  Waylon, Willie and David Allen Coe!   After a little while of being there... a guy comes up to me, and he's like.. "Doctor?!?!"  and then it hit me...  he was my patient.. lol...
So him and my cowboy hit it off pretty well, they sang Family tradition together.  He's got a harley and he was just a pretty cool dude...
We left the bar about 3am..... and got home and I was tired as anything..
The next morning... I wake up and start making coffee.. and what do I see in my front yard.... my roosters are going at it... not Dominic and Vinny.. but.. the Silkies...
So I had to separate them, and I'm going to sell the partridge silkie.. poor little thing...
he's a sweet as he could be.. but the black silkie was beating his butt up!
Then my father and I went to a farm down the street, and I worked on 3 horses and a dog.. then came back home.. I started my seeds on the back porch... and decided I was going to try to get caught up on laundry....  and I say caught up.. I'm still playing catch up from Texas...
I finished one load of jeans.. and put them in the dryer and started another load of jeans.... once the dryer buzzed I folded those, cleaned out the lint thingy and put the other load in the dryer... threw in a bounce pad.. and I heard some grinding noise then a bunch of clicking... and viola..  the dryer came to a screeching halt.. was smoking and smelled like it was on fire.. I unplugged it and strung jeans all around the laundry room to drip dry... so, I didn't wash the important things, like socks, and underwear...  but, I reckon we will work on that Tuesday night... Tonight, we have tickets to see Clint Black, then it's supposed to rain until Thursday here.. so we will be stuck in the house....
Saturday night, we took my Mama out for her birthday.. we went to this great little German restaurant in the next town over...  we had a blast.  Mom and Dad ate rabbit, I had sauerbraten and my cowboy had jaeger schnitzel... it was all great... plus we all had an arrangement of German and Russian beer... that little restaurant is pretty awesome.. it's a "dinning experience"  you don't get out of there until about 3 hours after you sit down... you get 4 courses and it's just... great :)
Sunday we got up and went to church... then loaded the horses up in the trailer and headed to our friends house in North Carolina...  we practiced patterns and shooting and junk...  and then went to Texas Roadhouse to eat...
The waitress was asking us stupid questions about horses.. and she said she was deathly afraid of them but loved them.. blah blah blah.. so I'm like, yeah horses are deadly... then I Proceeded to feed her a line of crap about how I used to be a saddle bronc rider and this and that.. and how I got kicked in the chest, then had to have rotator cuff surgery on my left shoulder... oh man... I was laying it on thick... she was gullible in all senses of the word... people amaze me.. :)
that was about it on our weekend...

Comments

Popular Posts