Snow Storms and Hidden Septic tanks

Kitchen Helper #1
soooooooooooooooo, I had an action packed weekend.  Friday night we started off by going out to our delayed Valentine's dinner...  Which was supposed to be at this great Italian restaurant down in Columbia...  well, the food was excellent.. but, service and atmosphere sucked. First off there was no parking.. and once I made a parking spot with my vette, and climbed a big flight of stairs in high heels I was ready to eat...  so they asked if we had reservations, which we did.  Then showed us to this table.. that wasn't very big at all... maybe like 2 foot diameter... the tables were crammed into places they shouldn't be.  but, out table was cute, in the corner overlooking the columbia skyline..  but, I had to yell to talk, which wasn't on my list of things to do at fancy restaurants... The waitor was a pretty boy jerk.  I had to pour my own wine out of their fancy carafe..  but, the lobster bisque and oysters were awesome.  Then for a main course, I had Lamb and my cowboy had veal stuffed with crabmeat... it was good.. then we wanted to get out of there.. so the waitor actually appologized for his service or lack there of.. and we left..

Kitchen Helper #2




Saturday, We woke up and my father was telling us something about snow..  I didn't believe him...
So we drove to Charlotte so I could work on some horses at a barn up there...
well, it was sleety kind of rain on the way up there..
and while we were there... but, once we left.. My cowboy told me I was driving and he was going to take a nap..
and so, my dad is sending me pictures from Whitmire... with snow falling and all this.... I'm thinking whatever it's not going to stick..
about an hour later...  I'm passing through Chester...
and It hits ....  the mother of all snow storms......






My Cowboy is still asleep at this point.. and I just took my phone out to take a picture of what I was driving through... he wakes up and says "what the hell?!?!" I said "you woke up to a winter wonderland" hahah..

and it was like this the whole rest of the drive back home...
Of course there were people doing about 20 in front of me...  Since apparently I was the only one that knew about forward momentum in the snow and ice...
well, my 1.5 hour drive.. turned into a 3 hour drive and I finally got home..

So I made a venison Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and peas :) and set up a pound of Venison to cure, so I could make jerky out of it :)

Well the next day... we set off to go to church but, we failed...
I came out of the house to find my cowboy stranded with the back hoe...

Let me explain this... lol...
that is a old septic tank from an old home that was on our property that got torn down...

now mind you, there are about 3 more of these somewhere..... lol...

We decided to build a shelter next to it, and put a dump station there for the motor home......

After we got the back hoe out of the hole... we decided that we'd just try our luck at buying some new boots.. so We drove all the way up to Rock Hill.. it's about an hour away.. better than going to Greenville... we got up there.. and get into the Lebo's up there.. and what a flop.. the girl followed me around the store trying to tell me about boots.. I mean fancy drugstore cowboy boots.. I don't want none of that..  I need good work boots.. so then she showed me something that looked like a timberland.. and I was pulled up my jeans and showed her my double H brand boots.. and explained to her that this was my idea of a work boot.....
so she showed me an ariat... which are nice, and comfy.. but, I'll go through a pair in about 3 months... so they are useless to me...  we decided to try our luck in Houston...

After a few other store stops... we made it back home and I made my venison jerky...
Tonight I'm going to cure some more and make up a few new blends of spices...


Last night.. after we ate supper.. We got to cleaning the bike and getting it all ready to go to ralley in the valley..




Comments

Popular Posts