Monday, February 25, 2013

The Raleigh Adventure

What a crappy place to drive too... the gps said it would be about 3 hours... took more like 5... but, anyways.. we rolled into Raleigh around 7pm..  Got Maggie and Tattoo off the trailer and settled into their stalls...  Then we went to go check out the arena.. and immediately I was bombarded by fake people thanking me for coming... haha... Anyways.. then we met the fella that cut Tattoo..
guess why he cut him? because he wasn't doing what the guy wanted him to do... Imagine that...
I told the guy that I have met another man like him in South Texas...
I had to walk away...  So I did... and I found where I was ranch sorting the next day.. after that.. a few of us went to have supper at some restaurant that was next door to the arena... then that wound up taking us to a big bar that was supposed to be a country bar....  It was called long something or another... well we went into one door.. and the man checking Id's told us that we were wearing to much clothes to get in... so after we all looked at him funny... he explained that they were having some sort of rave in there...  I'm not sure what a rave is.. but, when I looked through the doors... it involved techno music, a black light and glow sticks... so we went to the other door as suggested... to which the man taking the cash there.. told us that they had heavy metal bands tonight and not country music...
Sooooooooooooooooo we wound up at some place called city limits saloon... holy crap....
nothing but drugstore cowboys in there...
Lee, Glenda and I were standing at the bar... Lee and Glenda went to dance and left me alone standing there...  I'm minding my own business drinking my tasty beverage and this skinny lanky fella looks at me, my belt buckle. his friend, then my belt buckle, then his friend again.. and his friend said.. "dude it's got her name on it" so then the lanky fella asks me if I needed a drink.... So I looked at my full glass then looked at him and told him no....  So then this other guy that was standing next to me starts laughing and toasts me.. I figure whatever...  So then the guy next to me asks me my name and where I'm from and if I was in town for a rodeo, and I explained all this to him.. then went back to my cowboy... Soooooooo... fast forward a little bit...  Lee, Glenda and I were dancing on the bar to some guns and roses they were playing... I'm sure there are pictures of me doing that somewhere.. hahaha
we get down.. and Lee starts talking to these girls... and one of them says to me "I just love the fact that you are wearing a hat and a belt buckle.. Oh my god I wish I would have worn mine"... So I looked her up and down and asked her where she won hers...  she looked down and explained to me how she bought hers.... well.. it was about time to go, because we were making more friends then enemies at this  point.. well.. the guy that had toasted me earlier was drinking with my cowboy and Lee's cowboy hanging out.. being cool, buying drinks.. all was going ok... ... well..  the guy gets the gumption to knock my cowboys hat off of his head..  and tells him they were gonna wrestle....
I had a beer bottle in my hand and I figured I'd knock him in the head.. well faster then I figured out what was going on... My cowboy pulled out some Marine Corps move and got the dude in a throat hold.... the guy was just standing there not moving... so then bouncer comes running over... the bouncer that was my size.... asks what happened.. and my cowboy, while still having this dude in a throat hold tells the bouncer that the guy knocked his hat off.. so another bouncer comes running up who is just as small.. and the bouncer that was wearing his toby keith hat says to the guy in the throat hold "you just don't knock a man's hat off bro"...  really?  hahahahah.. so we left....
And went to the waffle house..
to where Lee and I both broke our diets.. and I completely got in trouble the next day for letting her drink chocolate milk...  I guess I wasn't really that bad.. all I had was raisin toast..
but, the cook at waffle house might have been on drugs...  he was doing this the WHOLE time we were there.... I asked our waitress about this guy and drugs and she looked at me like I was crazy...

Annnnnyways... after going to sleep at 4.. and then waking up at 6:30 to feed the horses and get registered for the Shoot and Ranch sorting..  I was about exhausted before any of the festivities began...
One lady called me a two timer because I was ranch sorting and shooting... so I explained how i'd rather be a two timer than two faced.. and that went over like a fart in church..  Apparently I was making friends EVERYWHERE this weekend...
So, I had a great time sorting cows... a higher level sorter even asked me if I was a 4 or a 5.. I smiled real big and told him a 1 :)
which I am...  I explained that we work our cows with our horses at home.. so I had some idea of what was going to go on....
I was bouncing from the sorting arena to the shooting arena... and in the shooting arena... I was sandbagging...  Nationals is in April.. and I am one win away from being a level 4..... I can run with the 4s... but, It would really rock my socks to move up at nationals with a national title as a level 3...
So, I sand bagged...  I had 75 seconds worth of penalties... but, check this out.. Maggie was running awesome... I would have been ladies overall both days if I didn't accidentally miss a few balloons here and there...
Saturday sorting though, I joined the ranch sorting association of NC... and I also placed 3rd with a guy (who I don't really remember his name) we sorted like 6 cows.. and 1st and 2nd sorted 7 and 8... I was really impressed with Maggie's cowey skills...
A lot of people like to tell me how great their horse is.. but, I really can't see it in their horse.. maybe that's why they tell me that.. I do love my horse...
Sunday... I decided I would miss 2 balloons which would be 10 seconds worth of penalties.. and I did.. on the first two stages.. but, set some fast times on all 4....
Trouble table..
Saturday night..... hahahah.. we had a little banquet to attend..
And I won an award for having the most penalties for the day.. and I wasn't in last place.... how the heck that happened.. I have No idea... but, later on that night... the restaurant moved us out to a tent... where things got wild....   there were some dancing on the tables (not us or me) and apparently it got wild after we left..  I'm glad to say we weren't there to witness some of the stuff people were saying happened :)
I was in full out rednecking mode this weekend.. and I had a great time..
I proud of my horse and my cowboy's horse.. we were running neck and neck...   and I hope like hell they win out at the AQHA worlds in Houston this weekend...  I do wish I was competing there.. but, next year I will be :)
I recon that is about all that went on this weekend...
I'm sore and tired today.. I rode hard saturday.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment