Maggie Valley and the rained out bike rally

So Friday, My cowboy and his best friend Eric headed up to Maggie Valley without us girls... Us wifeys decided that since the weather was looking pretty darn bad, that we'd leave after I got out of the clinic. Speaking of the clinic, this week was another record breaking week, with all the Patients that I saw :)
Sharyl and I ran the errands we had to do, ate us some mexican food and headed out towards Thunder in the Smokies..... In the dually.
We stopped in Spartanburg at one of the nicer Bi-Lo food stores I have ever stepped foot in. We got water, beer, straw-ber-ritas, fruits and snacks for the Cabin that we rented..
Annual dinner together!
about the time we hit Asheville, the OCD lady from the cabin rental place called me to check on us, since we didn't check in yet.... now when I say OCD, this woman is about the poster child for that... I explained that I was late getting started towards there, and she reminded me that check in time was from 1-3........ seriously... So I told her we were in Asheville, and on our way... she told me that since I was in Asheville my ETA would be about 30-45 minutes.... uh huh...
Well, after I got off the phone with her, My cowboy called to check out where we were and I told him to go check in, since he was already there..
We got to Maggie Valley safe and sound and unloaded the truck and found that the guys had already met up with our other friends Eric and Nancy.
We decided that we'd do our annual dinner at the same place as usual... so Sharyl and I got our biker gear on and we got on the bikes and found out real quick that it was freezing.. So we stopped by the leather shop and Nancy, Clint and I got chaps.
We made it to supper,.. we discussed our plans for the weekend and we all decided we were going to get up around 6 and head to Deals Gap to ride the dragon...
Sharyl and I, I was braiding her hair..
we finished up supper and decided we were going to go over to the fairgrounds to check out the vendors and bikes at the rally... and viola... it started misting... we made it back to the cabin, which is conveniently behind the fairgrounds and parked the bikes. Us girls went inside to warm back up.. and the guys tried to talk us into going to the rally, but, it was windy, cold and raining.. so we decided to stay in the comfort of the heater..
Nancy and I were the last to stay up, we waited for the 10 o'clock news, which should have been called the 10 o'clock bad news bearers. we found out that by 1 pm saturday we were going to have heavy rains and flooding rains by 5pm.... we were both disgusted with what we had heard and sulked on the way to bed...
Bright and early I was up looking outside to see that there was no rain.. but, once everyone was up we all discussed the long ride in the rain, cold and 45mph winds that they were calling for, so We bundled up and headed to breakfast.. at breakfast we all figured out that we don't really need a bike rally to go to the mountains.. lol.. what a concept.. so we are going to go one weekend soon, and all meet up there to ride the Dragon.
After we finished breakfast we headed back to the cabin, us girls packed up and cleaned stuff up, the guys packed the bikes and Sharyl and I went to turn in the key to cabin... to meet with ocd lady... she tells us that the rain is going to miss Maggie Valley and that we were jumping to conclusions.. we said thanks and all... it's not like she as giving us a refund,..
Sharyl and I said goodbye to our husbands and said goodbye to Nancy and Eric, and we loaded ourselves back up in the truck and headed to Cherokee...
we went on a little shopping spree, hit all the shops, I got a new pair of biker boots from the cherokee harley shop, Sharyl got an outfit. then we hit up one of the only Native American owned stores in this newly developed Cherokee. I got myself a buffalo turquoise necklace and a nice turquoise necklace... Outside of one of the shops, I had myself a childhood regression moment...and Jumped on one of those horse ride machines that take a quarter.. hahah..
then we inquired where to eat, and we were told to go to this place called Paul's.... we were warned that there was no parking so we parked (the truck and motorcycle trailer) at the visitors center and headed towards this place..
we had a good like 3/4 mile to a mile walk to get there.. but, we found the old part of cherokee that I remembered... we also found a cherokee man in a full feather head dress.. I think we were gawking at him, because he raised his hand to wave and said "hey ladies" we both smiled and realized what we were doing and kept walking and laughing..
We made it to Paul's and found out, there were only indians in there... it was pretty awesome..
they seated us and gave us menus and we decided that we were going to share, so we got a buffalo burger with sweet potato fries and frybread with blueberries..
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it was good :)
Me riding a Wild horse!!!
then we had a nice long walk back to the truck... but, right before we got to the truck, we found the Cherokee Nation Museum... so we headed over that way... Sat through a movie and walked through the museum, I'll tell you what.. I learned a lot about them, and how they believe that the earth came about, and the evolution of Corn and a lot more.. too much to mention.. but, I thoroughly enjoyed it...
after that we headed back towards Maggie Valley, not before we stopped at a roadside store, that had a lot of neat pottery and canned goods.. and boiled peanuts..
So we snacked on boiled peanuts and talked about how the world would be different if we didn't mess with the indians and debated their religions and marriage stuff... we had a ton to talk about on the drive home. Fast forward about 2 hours and we are back home :)
the guys were starving, so we loaded them up and headed over to Fatz, and had a great meal..
we get back home and Sharyl goes to go back out to the truck to grab something she forgot.. and she heard a truck door close.. so she grabbed her gun and acted like nothing happened... and calmly came back into the house.. and told us that she heard something but, didn't see a dome light.. which meant one thing, someone was in the blue truck.
I grabbed my .380 out of my pocket and Clint grabbed the 12 gauge from behind the door and we went outside... I went straight to the bar-n and turned the lights on... Eric followed in shortly behind me.. we checked the bathroom and the whole place and nothing...
Eric went to find Clint.. and I went into the motorhome, to make sure no one was hiding in there... I opened the door and shouted "if you're in here.. its gonna be a bad damn day" and with my heart pumping... I opened the bathroom door......... and nothing..
then I jumped ontop of the bed to check on the floor beside it.. and alas.. nothing..
So I ran into sharyl coming out of the house... then we checked the trucks and in the beds and the rafters.. and found nothing... and so, my cowboy decides to just shoot off the rounds in the shotgun towards the woods... then he got out his handgun and him and eric headed down the path towards crashes house... and sharyl and I headed back to the house to get more shells and a flash light to check the back yard...
in the midst of me putting the last shell in the shotgun.. someone knocks on the screen door.. I froze and so did sharyl... I pumped the shotgun and headed towards the kitchen... I crouched down a little and I tell you what, I could hear my heart beating in my freaking head... I jumped around the corner with the shotgun and saw some old lady, who then saw me and threw her hands up.. (is this crap getting crazy or what) she's like a deer in headlights and like a statue frozen with her hands up... I tried not to laugh as I was headed towards the door, sharyl is behind me snickering.. I opened the door and the lady said I'm sorry to bother you, I explained that we thought someone was in the yard so we were on high alert... she told me that I had some cows out down by the road, next to the trailer (crashes house).... I thanked her... and she backed off my front porch with her hands up... then bolted towards her car and damn near spun out getting out of the driveway... as she was speeding out of the driveway here come the guys. I was telling them about the woman and they were like OHHHH that's who sped out of here sideways.. I was like yeah.. So then Clint told me that the sheriff's department called to say we had cows out.. but, they were just where they thought the cows were and they weren't there.. so we planned that us girls would stay here and stake out the house.. and they would get in the truck like nothing is going on, and go check the cows....
I proceeded to turn all the lights off and I got out the AR-15 with the night vision scope.. grabbed a few 30 round mags and headed to the front porch.. I gave Sharyl the 12 gauge and we sat on the front porch waiting...
I finally got a call from my cowboy he said they were our neighbors cows, and they were going to help them get them rounded up....
Sharyl and I decided something was definitely odd... considering we weren't supposed to be here this weekend and came home early.... the noise, the lady pulling up into the yard to tell us about cows, that were actually closer to our neighbors house than ours... and the guys got back.. and we talked about it.. and we really don't think anyone was out there... since it was rainy and storming, we do have a piece of metal that bangs in the wind.. so we were thinking that is what it was... or the cows were actually in our yard, specifically the barn, because we have trucks parked next to the big bale of alf-alfa....
Laying in bed that night, I asked My Cowboy if he was tired and he said yeah.. "I rode the bike back from Maggie Valley, got home, took a shower, went for lunch, galavanted around town with Eric, came back home, y'all got home, went for supper, came home, chased cows in the rain and my wife tried to shoot an old lady... I've had a pretty full day" I started laughing and thinking back on that ladies face when I jumped around the corner and just laughed and laughed and laughed...
Sunday we all slept in... I woke up about 8:30 which is SUPER late for me.. and I heard Eric and Sharyl stirring around.. we decided to go out to eat, so we got in our truck and they got in theirs since they were pulling the harley. and went to a local place for breakfast...
we said our goodbyes.. and we were left with, what to to with a Rainy Sunday...
We got in the truck and headed down to Northern Tools, to buy a Motorcycle Chock and some ring tie thingies.. then went to Sportsman's warehouse.. Checked for any ammo.. there wasn't any... but, I got a new pair of ear muff thingies made by Remington, for target practice, and some more jerky cure, So I can make some more jerky.. From there we headed to camping world... to get a new skylight for the motorhome...but, there was like 3 kinds, and we didn't know what kind of hinge we needed.... then headed to the South Carolina State Farmers Market.. ate a huge lunch there.. and walked around a bit.. not much going on there, but, it's not season for it yet.. but, then we headed towards the flea market because I had a few Patients tell me that there was a harley store there.. we drove around looking for it.. found one, it was like the mexi-arab flea market... had signs posted all over "no concealed weapons" I have learned places that say that.. really mean.. shady people in here... I had mine in my pocket as always and we were both glad we had them... but, we did find a fresh seafood section.. I was going to buy some shrimp.. but, the hispanic dude couldn't tell me where they came from.. so we rolled on... got back in the truck and I made a suggestion that maybe there was another flea market.. they are kinda like trailer parks.. there's never just one.... so we headed down the road some more.. and found the flea market we were looking for... we looked around at patches and bought a few, looked at helmets and leather goods and all kinds of junk... we bought some patches and a drink holder for the softail, and I got some cool license plate nuts that are skulls heads with red faux ruby eyes for my red sportster... hahah
we swung back by the kennel and picked up the dogs then went home...
it's raining cats and dogs outside... talladega is on rain delay....
some jerk was talking about what a good driver danika patrick is... and how people are just wrecking her...If I could reach through the speakers of the radio and smack that dude.. I totally would have... There are some things that don't belong in NASCAR and Women are one of them...
I just don't feel she is the same caliber driver as the rest... but, YAAAAAy she's a woman... woohooo.... gag me with a pitchfork.. Women just don't belong in some places.... I better not get started on that... or I might piss a whole buncha people off...
well, that is about all the news on the ranch over here...The race is starting back up...





Comments

  1. I am cracking the hell up at your adventures of last night. Thats some crazy shit right there

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts