Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pre Horse show days

I may get sick of competing, and groan and complain about having to drive to get to competitions... but, when I loose sleep over them, because I'm so excited, is when it comes very clear to me that I just love love love riding my ponies..
I get sick of shooting and don't want to go here and there, but, I never get sick of just spending good quality time atop a horse.. "the air of heaven's earth, is between a horses ears"
that has always stuck out in my head.. Some of my most disappointing days as of late, is the fact that it is raining, and ruining the arena.
I took this picture on the way to work this morning... We have pop up thunderstorms, really bad ones at any given moment.. I'd rather storm the roads in my big truck, rather then in my corvette.. I've been burning quite a lot of diesel miles lately..

let's see, tonight I went to the grocery store with my mother, I saved almost 50 bucks with coupons, e-coupons and in store savings! :) they had some stuff buy one get one, and I bought one and got one.. so I came home and started putting up the pork and ground turkey I bought. then put some chicken in a casserole dish, along with some cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and a package of frozen mixed veggies.. then.. here is where this gets funny... I put stuffing on top and pre-heated the oven.. stuck the dish in the oven and set the timer for about 45 minutes.. then proceeded to work out in the living room...
well, after I was done with my workout, I went out to the shop, where My cowboy and my Father were working on the lights on the tractor.. and told my Cowboy supper would be ready in about t minus 10 minutes....  he comes in and says it looks good.. which it did.. he took one bite into the stuffing and said... "is this stove top?" I hung my head in shame and said "yeah" and he explained it tasted like preservative...  I understand what he is saying, because it does taste like that.. I was just being lazy and didn't want to make cornbread to make stuffing....  I guess I shouldn't cut that corner again....
I just say it was the fermented grapes talking.. that's right.. Fermented grapes of the Chianti variety...
One of my favorite fruits is a grape.. I'll take it any way it comes, raisin form, jellied, jammed, fresh, whole, fermented or however you can get it to me.. I eat seriously like 5lbs or more a week.. it's a shame... I also have an addiction to little cookbooks at the checkout counter or grocery stores... one caught my eye today it said "cooking with beer".. and by God it is full of beer recipes...even one for Guinness  cake and Guinness pot pie.. I'm completely going to make those when the weather turns.. It's not like I need recipe books, because I never follow the recipes.. I get ideas and run with it.. 

Random stuff: I couldn't sleep for the past two nights.. the Night before, I woke up around 1 and was thinking of the people I was going to compete against on Saturday.. and I was thinking of my friend in particular who used to be a grand prix jumper.. And I was wondering If I could beat her if we showed in the same class... then I was thinking that I've showed against her before.. then I always compete against her... and started laughing at my silly self.. I think it has to do with the fact that I haven't really been practicing....  :/ But, Kizzy is a great mare and she will take care of me.. and I decided not to jump the big fences that I was going to go down a division.. since we weren't in shape....
Speaking of shape, I'm trying to get in shape... Like core stability, it makes me a better rider and that's what I've been working on, upper body strength and core..  2 weeks I've been at it and I feel a difference already... I know the lactic acid build up in my calves was horrific... because after 30 minutes of lunges and squats.........  I couldn't walk today...  so I did some more tonight.. and I feel a lot better.. nothing like a shot of the medicine that hurt you, to cure you..

Speaking of shots reminds me.. I was looking through my wine collection today I'm a chianti and Amarone della Valpolicella kinda girl...  It's pretty darn expensive though.... I have one bottle of an unlabeled private selection bottle left...  I'm waiting for the right mood to strike me and make sure that bottle is enjoyed properly...  But, I'm working my way through different Chianti's...  My favorite is a Classico Ruffino... which would make it a chianti merlot mix really I think, technically speaking... ..  But, i'm trying to expand my knowledge of the grapes and such...   I just can't bring myself to drink white wine... it sucks... lol..
Don't be thinking I'm all high falutin' with my wine tastes.. because I drink the hell out of this cheap ass table wine, that is a cabernet merlot mix called frontera.. you get it at Cosco and it's about 6 bucks a bottle.. lol

Oh and back on track Last night, I fell asleep while watching something... I dunno what it was, but I woke up and I was in my recliner curled up with the three legged dog and the cat... I looked over and Clint was sleeping, and so I checked my watch.. it was 3:05am..... and I was up for the long haul, I flipped through some movie channels and found random stuff to watch.. then watched the news... I was totally reminded why I don't watch it...  It makes me want to throw things...  So around that time it was about 6 and the house was stirring around, so I let the dogs out and put out food for everyone... and went about my normal routine....  but,  when I got to work, I made about 3 cups of extra bold coffee....  I got one of the Keurig machines for the office and a sampler of coffees... holy my goodness the extra bold tasted like espresso... so shortly after those cups I was well on my way to pinging around the office..  and the UPS man came and brought my amazon goody to me.... the best of Dwight Yoakam........ ahhhhhhhh it's a great cd.. I've listened to it 3 times already.... :)  well that is about all that's going on around here.. I've been up and rambling and I'm sure when I read this tomorrow i'm going to think to myself.. what the heck did you ramble about now....
so... an Early goodnight to y'all...






No comments:

Post a Comment