Thursday, October 3, 2013

Ranch Business and the Autumn Brisket

Last night, I had a long fight with Federal Express... more like Suck express...  the simple minded driver that they had couldn't find my house... the retard missed the oldest and biggest ex-dairy farm on the whole road...   I was pissed because I want my Kindle Paperwhite!  I waited for it to become available.. then had 2 day shipping on the joker.. and the retard couldn't find me....

Anyways.. then I lifted some weights then took charly out for a spin... she is such a sweet heart.. I had her spinning around and I figured out her turns.. and made her go over ground poles until she was lifting her legs up way up in the air...  I'm proud of her...  She will be my #1 after January, once I let Gracie go to have the baby..... I have put in my order for a buckskin with a spotted blanket :)

Well After I rode Charly we went out to check on the previously said mares that I am supposed to keep quiet about... but, got the Okay to now post pictures.. those are coming... I promise... and they are gorgeous...

This morning I woke up.. and made Oatmeal cookies, and then put a brisket in the crock pot..


 The Brisket


boneless beef brisket 

small head cabbage  cut into 8 wedges

large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces

large onion, cut into 8 wedges

medium Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into 8 wedges

cans Condensed Cream of Celery Soup 

cup water

teaspoons caraway seeds


Place the brisket in a 6-quart slow cooker. Top with the cabbage, sweet potato, onion and apple. Stir the soup, water and caraway seed, if desired, in a small bowl. Pour the soup mixture over the brisket and vegetable mixture. 




And as a teaser of pictures to come.. here is my tall handsome Cowboy last night as we were admiring the mares..


1 comment:

  1. UGH! can TOTALLY relate to the dumb fed ex/ups drivers! We are off the GPS grid out here. So they leave the packages in town! 25 miles away! o one calls to tell us. we have to track the damn stuff down! grrrrrrr..

    ReplyDelete