Post Birthday Catch-up and Motorcycles

Last Wednesday was my birthday and Anniversary.. we had a great day...
I got to work and Had all kinds of surprises waiting for me :)
Then Once I got home.. I got one of the most awesomest gifts ever...
I've been wanting a picnic table and that's totally what I got !

It's a Octagon table.. seats 8 people... it's cool a crap...  I had my cowboy make some ribs.. and I made this tangy lime cole slaw.. it was really good!
then one of my patients made me a lemon cake with lemon icing... and we ate that... correction.. I gave like 3 pieces of that away and totally ate the rest of the thing by myself.. hahah
My Parents gave me a sonic gun cleaner.. which is awesome,  I had been going over to my parents house to use theirs every time I was cleaning my guns :)
Then that weekend I went to a Motorcycle Class...  
Friday night, I showed up at 6pm.  we had a stand up and tell us why you want to ride.. I'm not big on telling my life story to people.. so I got up and said my name was Tara.. then proceeded to tell them,  I wanted to take this course because We rode the tail of the dragon and I wanted my own scooter after that...
then 12 other people had to tell their life story what they did for a living etc.....
One guy... Retired army sergeant.... was the highlight of the class... the dude didn't know how to shut up...
the first night and break.. he starts talking about horses to me.. I guess I just look like I ride horses.. and more than that.. I guess people just think I automatically want to talk about their horses... which I could care less about..
So he was telling me about how bad ass his tennessee walking horse is...  and how it is good for everything.. blah blah blah diarrhea of the mouth.. and he asks what I have.. and I said Quarter Horses... to which he tells me his walking horse works cows...  I'm not sure if I did a mental eye roll or a real one before I told him I guarantee his stupid walking horse would not get on a cow like my Quarter horse... and he proceeded to tell me he was wrong... and I said whatever.... and walked away....
to which he decides to follow me and talk about motorcycles... I'll give y'all a headsup..  I don't care about crotch rockets..... Just Harley's...   He tells me he has some Yamaha or Kawasaki something or another.. and I'm like.. Oh that's cute.. I have a Screamin' Eagle Road King....
So Bright and early Saturday morning I show up to the "range"  to which I was issued a Honda Rebel.. hahahahahahah... it was cute.. and it was  like a toy.. I could throw that thing all around everywhere... and I was doing good.. there were 3 other girls in that class with me... and they all crashed.. like REALLY crashed their bikes... I was doing good...
Sunday comes along... I was low on sleep and waking up that early to make it to a 7;45 class in the morning which was an hour away was testing my nerves... and so was the army jerk...
the instructor asked for a volunteer and I raised my hand.. then the Army jerk did.. and the instructor said he saw my hand first.. and the army guy said "I want to go first".  So I said pretty loud.. I'm a Marine wife, I'll go first.  the Marines are always first with everything anyway.. and freaking too off and attacked the course they had set up for us....
His winnings
Well I passed my driving test...  I lost 8 points on it.. because I couldn't make a left hand u-turn in the box... I went out of the box 2 times to the left.. but, completely pulled off the right hand u-turn.. what the hell?  I have no idea.. the instructor didn't either.. haha...
so, I made a 100 on my written.. and I have a beginners permit now....
So, I acting all big about this.. go home, well actually I went to my parents house.. and got on my Dad's Roadster... .and completely froze.. it was huge and heavy... so I went home.. and I was sitting there thinking to myself I was a puss.... and that pissed me off... so I got my sportster out and started riding around the yard with it...
so, that night, my cowboy came back from the wounded warrior benefit competition he was at in NC. he went up there to win the handmade knife..  he stated "A Marine needs to win"  so he went up there and took it from those other people..

So Monday after work.... I get this bright Idea that I wanted to take the Harley out on the road...
so we start em up and get to the end of the driveway.. and I completely froze... like white face, sweaty palms.. froze...  Clint told me I looked and I quote "like a dog shitting barbed-wire"........nice.. right...
So Finally I had a little conversation with myself and took off.. real wide turn... and I thought I was going fast... until we reached our destination and I got a schooling/talking to... that I was only doing 45 in a 55 and I'm going to get killed doing that and making wide ass turns like I was making...
so.. at Molly's Rock (a little fishing hole with a parking lot) I practiced taking off from a stop into a turn...  and I was getting Familiar with this 1200cc bike I was on...  On the way home I got up to 55.. which I thought was huge... and then it started to vibrate.... like my hands felt like they were asleep...
when we got home.. I asked about that... and I figured out my bike was old.. its a 97 and its carberated  and has the old suspension.. and newer harley's don't shake like that... so I reckon I need to find me a newer one.. I didn't like that feeling...
but. yesterday when I got home from work.. I was wanting to go for a quick spin.. but. when I got home I noticed the Road King was gone.. and then it dawned on me that My cowboy was at an american legion meeting.. so, I rode my horse instead.. haha

I reckon that is all that's new around here..

"there's a Corvette at the end of the rainbow"  -mels

Made some blackberry Jam

Ragnar and I in Georgia


Comments

Popular Posts