Monday, August 11, 2014

SC State Championships

From Left to Right Nutter Butter & Me, Tattoo & Clint
We had three competitions in 2 days...
Saturday the first match I was on Nutter Butter and we finished 2nd and only 1 second behind the lady that was in 1st.  which meant he only got outran by .25 seconds a stage! :)
Then the second Match I was on Ragnar..........
well, we had 1 great run, 1 ok run and 2 of them he was being a jerk face.. which that is his new nickname...
so I sent him home with Sam.... I figured I can't get his mind right, I'll let the professional do it.. I feel like he lost his work ethic.. and Maybe it's my fault for doing all that slow work dressage like business with him... I don't know.. all I know is that I'm at my wits end with him... and that's that...
Clint says I need to send him down the road.. but, I don't want to do that... So Sam Has him..

He's going to take him for a week and see what is going on...

But, SC State Championships was on Sunday.. and I was freaking rocking and rolling on Nutter Butter and I even found a new gear on the little fella.... But, here is where this goes to hell in a hand basket real quick...
they were running an outside pen and the big indoor arena... the 4th stage was in the outdoor arena... I went to the ammo table which was next to the edge of the covered arena, and got my ammo...
I went into the arena... went for the first balloon and I heard poof....... nothing came out... I might have said something that would make a sailor blush... and finished the first five... then rounded the rundown barrel.. and bang.. poof... poof.. bang.. bang... I had 3 freaking dud bullets... are you freaking serious?  then after me.... there were a whole ration of bad ammo... so... I go over to the table and felt the box that the ammo was in... it was freaking soggy....  I was pissed... but there is nothing you can do.. there is no re-rides .. there is no do-over......  So that pissed me off royally...
but, the two remaining stages after that I tried to speed Nutter Butter up and see how he could perform.. I found out he can't make really quick left hand turns... so that's what we will work on..
It seems Nutter Butter will go to Easterns and AQHA Worlds...

No comments:

Post a Comment