hangovers hurt more than they used to...

Friday after I got off of work, we Caught up a 2 year old horse that we had sold to a friend of ours, and Sioux, who Clint traded for a different mare named Cricket...
but, after we loaded the horses we rolled out of here like a freight train, headed for Lynchburg... and everyone knows what happens there... that is where the holiest of all holy burboun wiskey is made,.. Jack Daniels..   So, we stop there first on our way to Nashville, drop off the 2 year old at her new zip code and pick up our friend, whom just so happens to work at Jack Daniels.. and he got in the truck with us and we headed to Nashville.  Before we headed out.. Clint warned me if I wasn't driving I was probably going to be drinking.. And I was ready to unwind..  well about Murfreesboro, we were out of Jack.. and Darren and I were tore up from the floor up.  We checked into our hotel and gave the dually to the velet and off to broadway we went.  We met up with some family at Robert's and listened to the band a bit...  we may have had a few drinks there..then headed across the street to the Karoke bar..  and I encountered such weird people..  some bald dude wearing some weird brittish fluffy hat military dude type coat..  so I got a picture of him.. then started yelling at some dude with eyeliner singing the 2000s version of the culture club up on stage..... then I remember going to some other bar that was a honky tonk and having a deep conversation with someone about god only knows what... and I woke up in our hotel room, with the worst I had felt in a long time.. and I remember thinking,, damn Hank was right.. Hangovers do hurt more than they used to.. but I had a great time getting drunk and getting loud the night before...  the three of us made it down to the lobby for breakfast.. I ordered Oatmeal and figured it was a good soft food, and carby so It would soak up some of the liquor that was left over,,,,  I did manage to drink some cranberry juice before the oatmeal came...  and I took a bite and oushed it away thinkng... ummmm.... I can't do this..  and apparently Darren was having the same problem I did,,,,  He about lost his breakfast trying to eat breakfast.  I ran back up to the room while they were all eating breakfast.. and Clint came in the room to get me and I was having a good nap.. I got up, and went down stairs and as we were waiting on everyone to converge... I started feeling a little green around the gills..  So off to the bathroom I went,. and out came the cranberry juice and some oatmeal.. and I felt a little bit better... so off to the Ryman we went.  we went on a tour, and about the time I was ready to go upstairs...  I felt that pang in my stomach and I darted for the bathroom.. and I flung that door open and held my hair and I was thinking wow..  I have something in common with Johnny Cash.... we both puked in the Ryman... hahah.. it's gross funny.. but funny none-the-less...
So After wondering when I had black beans to eat.. I started feeling better, and went back into the Ryman and inquired about my food choices..  Clint told me I tore up some tacos last night, after the bars closed.....  Tacos? I did a mental slap to the forehead.. what the hell was I thinking eating Tacos at 3am,,, well, now it was about 1:30 and we were headed to the country music hall of fame...  I got a sprite because they didn't have ginger ale.. and I figured I might need some liquids and sugar.. sprite was definitely that.. I had like 1/4 of that bottle and decided I hated soda,,, we wound up not going into the country music hall of fame.. but we went back to the hotel and got the trucks because we were all headed to the tattoo parlor...  some tattoos were gotten..  I did sent my dad a picture of Jay giving Clint a tattoo and he asked what I got,, and I said 'sick'.  which was right,..  I blew chunks in my friends tattoo shop.. haha..  Jay and I were in high school togther and friends ever since.. he totally understood where I was coming from....  we had a great time there telling stories of when we were younger and dumber and drinking and the great ideas we had,, like the time we blew threw 3 crockpots trying to make a still to make moonshine,,and we agreed we would totally be able to pull that off now, since we are smarter and wiser now in our old age,.. haha...
after all the tattoos were given, everyone was hungry.. except me,..  we went to leave and Jay told me I was looking worse now then when I got there..  and he was right.. I felt like death warmed over..
I laid my head down in the back of the truck and found myself at Ruby Tuesdays...
and this is where i had the epiphony....  I had food poisoning... from the damned old 3 am tacos...
I figured that out right before I ran through the restaurant to the bathoom.. haha
I ordered Mashed Potatoes and water.... and thank god for the water.. I threw up the water and what was left of the taco incident and some bile,. and I immediatly started feeling better,,, so I snagged some crackers off the salad bar as I was walking back to the table and the fella brought out all of our food,, and my glorious mashed potatoes....I ate like half of them and went to the truck to lay down while everyone finished eating.... and again woke up at Opry Mills,,, I slept while everyone was shopping.. and when the stores closed....  and Clint and Darren woke me up.. I felt like a million bucks.... and I was ready to eat...  So, we drove through opry land hotel to see the lights, then headed back to the hotel, parked the truck and headed to printer's alley to a good old fashioned honky tonk.. a PG one,,,, (pre garth). they played all great food... we all had a great time there.. I hate a smoked sausage after grilling the poor cook about where the sausage came from and making sure the joker was cooked,, anbd asking him about food poisoning...  he was looking at me mighty funny until I explained my taco incident and the goings-on of the day.. and he assured me it was decent quality food.. haha... and he was right.. it was awesome., and I was starving... I had him out some mustard and sauer kraut on that joker and off I was back to the table.. I ate that and had a few adult beverages... and was feeling damn good..  we danced and had a great time.... then woke up Sunday morning,,, and headed out of town back to Lynchburg to get the trailer and Sioux...
we stopped at the Cracker Barrel and i ate a sample holiday breakfast platter... I was freaking starving... and let me tell you what... Cracker Barrel used to have good food,,, but the biscuits are like half size and the food has gotten crappy greasy...  I was disappointed.. but starving,,, so I was quiet and ate my food,,, but, I won't be stopping there again....
On to Alabama..  we drove from Lynchburg to Alabama to trade out Sioux.. I did tell her I loved her and this wasn't my idea but this lady was going to take great care of her.. and I choked up.. so i patted her on the cheek and kissed her goodbye...
she really did go to a great home.. The husband and wife compete with us.. and they had this buckskin that was too much for her to handle and she wanted to ride but couldn't and she had inner ear surgery and had to have re-hab for balance issues and needed a safe horse,.  and by god Sioux is the safest horse I know...  so, she really is going to be loved..  I wouldn't have agree to let her go anywhere unless I was 100% sure.. and they are great people...  so we drove home stopped somewhere outside of birmingham for supper,.. stopped at a bbq place..  I had brisket chili and Clint had ribs with the white bbq sauce,,  he didn't like the mayo based bbq sauce.. but they had great spicy sauce..  we got home about 1:30am... and that was the end of our little adventure.....










Comments

Popular Posts